UK Contaminated Blood Scandal

by Simon 7 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Up to 30,000 people contracted HIV and hepatitis C in the 1970s and 80s after being given blood treatments or transfusions on the NHS.
    Thousands have since died.

It just goes to show there is no such thing as a sure thing.

The WTS may be wrong about their blood doctrine, and their bible interpretation to justify it, and how they enforced the rules about it, but ultimately may be correct in claiming that "bloodless surgery" was a safer option medically.

Canada also had a contaminated blood scandal, where 30,000 were infected with Hepatitis C and HIV.

In other news, paying for blood from high-risk donors is a bad idea. Who knew? Well apparently the people behind the schemes did, and that's why they covered it up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61929986

• Smiles
    Smiles

Yes, and now a future scandalous risk related to spike proteins and mRNA.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

A broken clock is right twice a day.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is a disgrace what happened and the cove up.

You know there are ministers in France who were prosecuted because they covered up contaminated blood just like in the UK. The director of their blood transfusion service went to jail.

That would not happen in the UK. The establishment closes ranks and looks after their own. Former Prime Minister John Major today called the contaminated blood under his administration “bad luck”. He’ll get away with that too.

What can we expect from a country that instead of prosecuting its war criminal former Prime Minster, Blair, knights him and gives him the highest honour in the land?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure that bloodless surgery is a safer option where possible and if it is available I would opt for it. However, most of the British victims of this scandal are Haemophiliacs who received a blood fraction Factor 8 or 9.

This would be acceptable to JWs as not one of the “big four “ components Therefore their policy on blood would not protect them

• titch
    titch

Well, yes, of course, Mr. Simon, there is never a thing such as a "sure thing." But, here is something to think about: Being an Amateur Radio Operator, over the years, I would buy magazines that are "geared" to Amateur Radio. And, one such magazine is "73 Amateur Radio Today." The Publisher of that magazine was Mr. Wayne Green, who had the call sign of W2NSD. And, each month, he would write a column called "Never Say Die." In the March 2001 issue of that magazine, he had a sub-topic titled "Transfusions."

Now, to the best of my knowledge, Mr. Green was never a Jehovah's Witness while he was alive. But, in that column, he wrote this: "Doctors are doing millions of blood transfusions every year, and I'll bet you're completely convinced that this is a good, life-saving procedure. My advice? Do everything you can to avoid one!

"I used to work in an office on 43rd Street in Manhattan. On the floor below our publishing offices was a blood bank, so I got a good look at their clientele over the five years I worked there---it was mostly homeless winos, getting enough money for another bottle of the cheapest wine they could find.

"As I've mentioned , every cell in your body, and that includes every cell in your blood, is in constant contact with every other cell, even when separated from you by thousands of miles. When you get a transfusion of someone else's blood, you're getting a part of them integrated into your mind/body system, and not just your body. You'll also get a good collection of any poisons they were carrying around, such as alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and any other drugs, viruses, microbes, parasites, fungi or yeasts in their blood. And maybe some toxic metals, too.

"If you think I'm exaggerating, you haven't bothered to read The Secret Life of Your Cells yet. I've reviewed it in my editorial, and in my Secret Guide to Wisdom. Even though the new blood is the same type as yours, it is from another person and your immune system will get busy eliminating the invader. That's just what you need at a time when you need all of the strength your immune system can muster to help you recover from whatever caused the doctors to give you the transfusion.

" If you have made any effort to develop your psychic ability, once you've had a transfusion you'll be able to pick up many of the thoughts and feelings of the person from whom you've received the blood. One woman wrote a book about an organ transplant where she was able to sense the name of the donor and feel his feelings. And, thousands of people have reported weird things resulting from blood transfusions. A recent lab test with cells from an athlete's heart beat exactly in pace with his heart as he walked and ran, even though he was miles away."

So, those are the thoughts/words from Wayne Green, W2NSD, the Publisher of 73 Amateur Radio Today, who, as I mentioned, was NOT a Witness, as far as I know. Just something to think about.---Best Regards....

Titch.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This scandal is a complete disgrace.

And John Major's comments at the inquiry 'the victims had incredibly bad luck' is f**king disgusting.

Yes, ladies & gentlemen, it turns out that John Major wasn't one of the 'nice' PMs as we may have thought.

John Major is a total c**t.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    My advice? Do everything you can to avoid one!

That is true of any medical treatment and surgery. All have their risks and potential negative side effects. It is usually the result of a balanced risk assessment, accepting the smaller risk over the bigger one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit