A really sad story

by James Mixon 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My son best friend (both raised in borg) met in high school and remain friends over

20 years. His friend father left the family when his mom became a JW, 5 boys a two girls.

A few years back one of his older brothers was killed when the car he was working on fell on him,

and just this pass week another brother killed his wife (or girlfriend) and killed himself in northern

California.

Over the years my son has learned the truth about the truth and they both have had many discussion and

both have come out of the borg healthy. Both married with lovely wives and kids.

My son and his friend worked together in a store in HS and one day my son said his friend father walked into

the store and he introduced him to his father. My son said it was very awkward, it was if his friend was meeting an

old friend, very cold. The mom and the two daughters are still JW but the five sons left as soon as they were old enough.

IT's sad because I know his friend well, very nice young man.

But I wonder about the boys(his brothers), no relationship with their father and mother. I realize these things

happen to people that are not JW but still I wonder how much of an effect it(raised a JW) has had in their lives.

My son and his friend both in their mid 30's, his friend is the younger brother of the five.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

In Dixon?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

stuckinamovenment: Not sure about the location but will find out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit