Comparing Christian & Watchtower Timelines

by Sea Breeze 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

In talking to JW's, it is apparent that they believe they are the only ones who believe in a paradise earth. In reality most bible-believing Christians believe in a paradise earth, they just don't call it that, they call it the Millennium Reign.

I created the chart below in an attempt to highlight areas of agreement between Christians and a Watchtower view, while at the same time isolating the key difference - the Rejection of the New Covenant

I am interested in comments about whether or not anyone thinks this might be helpful in talking to a JW? I already know unbelievers with think this is all non-sense. But for believers and those undecided, what do you think?

Looks like it posted too small to read. I'll try to provide a link to a .pdf later.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

A few years back older brothers were encouraged to step down as elders and make way for younger ones. These younger ones generally have no clue about the Bible or WT teachings. Ask them a deep question on the Bible or WT teachings and they are like 5 year olds trying to spell a big word. Some enthusiasm but very hit and miss. Usually miss.

It is very easy to confuse these younger ones (elders and the congregation members), this can result in a big sulky silence on their part. If there is any hope, you have to first get them to understand the Bible, in particular Jesus' loving kindness. So the chart could be a helpful way of encouraging them to read the Bible. But you know what they are like - if they are reading the Bible without the Watchtower they worry - cause they've got to do the thinking rather that allow Watchtower to do their thinking.

• Jake101
    Jake101

Please do share the PDF, this looks interesting, thanks

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

OK, will try to do in morning.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    A few years back older brothers were encouraged to step down as elders and make way for younger ones.

Not true.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Drearyweather.

If they were over a certain age they were encouraged to mentor younger ones and pass on their roles, not cling to them.

Ok they could keep the title of elder but they were no longer the ones in the driving seat (on the circular road) and this put the noses of older elders out.

So yes, I don't think they were encouraged to step down from the title of elder but step back from the responsibilities and open up their old boys club to new ones.

What I sensed with some was that they were swallowing hard and grieving over this as if they were no longer elders. They were losing something they valued.

• Funky
    Funky

Reminds me of those charts from the "Divine Plan of the Ages".

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

OK, Click here for a downloadable .pdf.

I added a few items since yesterday based on a few comments. Let me know what you all think.

Thank you,

Sea Breeze

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Anna Marina - "A few years back older brothers were encouraged to step down as elders and make way for younger ones."

Ugh.

Considering the Org's lousy-ass retention rate and the increasing dearth of "qualified brothers" willing to "reach out", this would pretty much guarantee scraping the bottom of the barrel even deeper for grassroots administration.

Which can't help but trickle upward as these dumbasses get promoted.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Ok, Made final changes here.

I'm mailing this to my dad today. He is 87 years old and has been baptized for 65 years. He's about as sharp as ever and in good health. We recently "discussed" these topics for an hour and a half. This final version addresses all his best WT arguments.

Let me know what you think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit