What if I'm attracted to the association of xJW's but not interested in JW topics?

by IveBeenBitten 8 Replies latest forum suggestions

• IveBeenBitten
    IveBeenBitten

What if I'm attracted to the association of xJW's but not interested in JW topics?

I'm interested in talking with people that are xJW's but I'm not interested in talking about JW stuff. Maybe sometimes, but is there a place to go where "Jehovah's Witnesses" don't have a topic?

I think I'm really just looking for people I can empathize with. I feel so detached from everything else in the world.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The whole point about hanging out with xJWs is to be able to talk about your past and feel understood. If you don't want to talk about JWs or your past, than, why not simply make friends with "normal" people?

• Simon
    Simon

Sounds like you are more interested in apostasy in general.

Without the context / knowledge of the religion in question, it will often make little sense beyond "how people feel" leaving a closed society.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You can send PMs to any member of the board with whom you feel an affinity, and if any given topic doesn't interest you, you are not obligated to read them.

Good luck! Have fun!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well for starters this Forum, as well as others, is like finding your lost village. We speak the same language, we understand who you were, are or will eventually become...... within reason.

We have walked the same pathways made or are making the same journey.

We talk about all kinds of things on this forum....see for yourself...... click on the Home page and you can see a wide variety of subjects.

As Nathan said have fun!

• Ding
    Ding

What are you interested in talking about?

Start a thread on it and see what the response is.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You can start a new thread about politics, world events, entertainment, dating, marriage, children, humour and so on. Have a look at the topics under ' new topic '.

I've been out a very long time and occasionally get bored with JW subjects. Some of us like to talk about what we've been doing with our lives since leaving the religion. Sometimes people talk about travel, hobbies, what books, music or movies they like or even how to make friends.

Start a new topic, I'll look forward to it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm interested in talking with people that are xJW's but I'm not interested in talking about JW stuff. Maybe sometimes, but is there a place to go where "Jehovah's Witnesses" don't have a topic?

I think I'm really just looking for people I can empathize with. I feel so detached from everything else in the world.

Nobody is stopping you from that. The few posts I have started are completely unrelated to anything JW. One was about my LinkedIn profile and another about the results of my MBTI test. You can post any conversation about unrelated topics. People will reply and will be more than happy to do so.

• Math2561
    Math2561
    I am new to this forum ... I have never been so disappointed in my life with JW organization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit