Do You Think The Internet Will Bring Peace Through Interconectedness?

by Brokeback Watchtower 6 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

As people begin to share information, negative and positive across boundaries(borders) what effect do you think that will have on governmental war machines?

What about government censorship will it prevail during a time of disagreement between two countries who are at war?

I think that one of the benefits of the information age is that government can find out in a heart beat what the masses under their control feel about issues they are concerned about in other countries and public willingness to sacrifice their lives over such issues.

To me I see the way I see it is the more informed a population is the better. And the better it is for peace between nations, North Korean of course is an exception.

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701
    They will exploit it for their purposes just as every governmental war machine has exploited any and every other means at their disposal throughout the ages.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I agree about the past,, but does the internet with information at your finger tips, put a big drag on individual government propaganda? Or at least add another factor to consider?

I'm thinking the most up to date countries will be taking this into consideration as a reall game changer when it comes to waging war. The internet public must be figured into the equation of should they go to war with each other.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm sure the USA with it's intelligence gathering capacity will have it supercomputer hooked up to the internet and knows public intention. What government could pass up such opportunities, information is power!

Quantum computer is probably doing the math now and no encryption software can put it out of their view. Snowden eat your heart out. The guy entered a sworn to secrecy organization.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3774114/

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Rotflmao!!!! Just look at this forum and tell me if the interwebs bring universal agreement and peace 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

ha - no.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I agree that on the internet we share a lot of controversial opinions and may war with each other with words opposed to each others viewpoint. I considered this far better than killing one another over ideologies or government indoctrinated ideologies that can perhaps be overcome by a more logical solution offered to us by increased information on all levels?

Anyway information processing and information available gota have an upside in my book. I'm thinking in terms of releasing any hostilities through communication via the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit