Why are the atheists on this site so hateful?

by HopeEverLasting 84 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    All us creationists try to do is offer true evidence that the one and only God is out there watching and looking down on us. We present that certain scientists know the truth about God and that he is everything that we see from trees, life, weather, the air we breath, and even the most simple molecules.

So you come here to preach and insist that your view is absolute.

But of course you atheists reject it because it is your nature to not be humble and see God because you want to rule your own life.

You decide why we reject your claims instead of honestly seeing how they cannot be considered evidence.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Simon...

one thing I've noticed is that someone can start a thread about God stuff and then athiests are "compelled" to click on the thread, read it and either ask questions of the theist or taunt. I've heard it said before that no one is forcing anyone to look at a thread. so why, instead of just letting thiests have their discussions amongst themselves as you've suggested, why don't athiest such as yourself let us DO that? Is this forum really what it bills itself as, "a place to discuss anything JW related"?

If you want a forum where any God releted discussion is not allowed then why don't you have the transparency and state that on your home page so that everyone knows upfront? How about. "everyone welcome EXCEPT thiests...you guys just "fuck off.""

this place would become quite the echo chamber, wouldn't it? Diversity be damned!?

It seems to me that the JW "thing" has become a convenient hook to catch the fish (ratings). It's a sad, sad situation for more than a few people looking for shelter in what has become a major storm in thier lives.

I hope this post is taken in the spirit in which it was intended. If this forum exists as a "public service" then transparency or compassion. You can't have it both ways without it being deceptive...and I don't expect you actually want to be deceptive.

love michelle

• HopeEverLasting
    HopeEverLasting

You all are just one big mob. Only here to attack those who have trust in God.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear HopeEverLasting...

Your statement isn't true. There is diversity here but, that diverse range of belief isn't being nurtured much here any more.

Simmer down and use this time to cultivate patience...it's a virtue ;)

xo

• JeffT
    JeffT
    You all are just one big mob. Only here to attack those who have trust in God.

As I said, I'm not an atheist. I've been on this board for fifteen years and I've never felt I can't post my opinions here. What I do know is that I can't come here and demand that everyone agree with me. Some of the arguments get heated, I expect that, it is a discussion board after all.

The problem (which YOU can't seem to see) is that too many believers stomp in here spewing arrogant self-righteousness and complaining that people don't bow down to them as messengers sent by God. If you want to see lack of humility, go look in the mirror.

I would suggest you start your own message board, and then you'll never have to talk to anybody that disagrees with you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are atheists on this board? They must be so mild mannered I never clocked them.

• Simon
    Simon

Way more eloquently put than I could manage JeffT :thumbsup:

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hope: why not pray for us? Oh wait that may not work, because he wants us to make

choices for ourselves, for him to then intervene, override a person free choice and change

the course of our lives by compelling a specific action or mental state would be a violation

of his own plan. Conversely, in a universe where there is predestination, God will have

already planned out every person's life ahead of time anyway, efforts to change the course

of events through prayer will be futile. So you can not pray for us, make sense?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

To answer the OPs question it's because science has proven time and time again that 'creation' 'creationism' or 'intelligent design' or whatever you want to call it is a crock of shit. You may as well believe the Earth is flat or that the Earth is sitting on top of a couple of animals.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'm not hateful generally. Only towards idiotic ideas like religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit