Did anyone see news story on clickondetroit

by poopie 6 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

It's about disfellowshipping clickondetroit

• redpilltwice
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Please provide the site clickondetroit takes me to a general web site.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

After watching this, led me to believe that this young man just did not want to lead a modest JW life, so he's let go by the religion.

Could not wear the earrings, the saggy pants, the trendy haircut, so go where does things are cool and alright; perhaps some unchristian behavior also accompanied the 'worldly' look.

Sorry. This is nothing new; usually, when a 'worker' cannot conform to the objective of any org/company, he/she is usually let go. JWs as an Org do the same thing.

Sad.

DY

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

DY the thing is this...
    It doesn't matter what he wanted to do with his life. It's HIS life, he gets to choose.
    That's number one.
    Number two who are you to judge his appearance? In urban settings the 'saggy pants' and 'ear rings' are worn by many types of young men, many of whom are pretty great guys, I know because they live around me.
    Number three, immoral in whose eyes? Yours?
    Still doesn't mean that what he said was wrong, still doesn't mean that JWs shunning is right.
    And in the end a person needs to be allowed to make certain life choices about their path without worrying they'll lose their entire world.
    Even if he wanted to go off and have sex with thirteen women and one man in one night, still not a reason to cut him off from loving family.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes to all you said BSoM, yes, but disfellowshipping is the JW way and it's horrible; it is not changing anytime soon.

Reason why is very important to create a reliable 'other' network prior to walking away from the JW network.

DY

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

DY argh, right when I hit send on a response much earlier my computer decided to shut down, I thought my response went through so didn't think to check til now.

Ok, when I first read your response it came across like you were almost agreeing in a moral sense w the dingbat religion. I'm sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

But I'd also just seen someone essentially say that Terrell just didn't want to be moral or something along those lines, so I'm guessing that's where it initiated.

Yes, creating reliable networks is important, I think it's getting easier to do that. After I watched the video I did a search to see what was local on fb and nothing popped up, so I threw a group together and was able to reach Terrell and some others around here. The conversations thus far have been good. I had to wonder if maybe there would be value in putting out perhaps flyers? How does one get the word out?

Then I thought of picketing... but not sure if I'd be ready to do that to my family and friends. Not now.

Once again, sorry for jumping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit