Communication seems to be a big problem even today

by venus 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

1) Bible commanded ‘Don’t make images, don’t make any other mediator than Jesus …etc.’ Yet most of the Christian organizations understood the command as saying to fill their churches with images and mediators.

2) If Charles T Russel had read at least the first few pages of the Bible seriously, he would not have taken the Bible seriously. The manner in which the Genesis account opens shows it to be somebody’s tradition whose owner is unknown because it begins abruptly; it is nobody that speaks; it is nobody that hears; it is addressed to nobody; it has neither first, second, nor third person; it has every criterion of being a tradition; it has no voucher. Even Moses does not take it upon himself by introducing it with the formality that he uses on other occasions, such as that of saying, "The Lord spake unto Moses, saying." Yet Russel took this orphan piece of information as belonging to God (which resulted in establishing an organization which claims supremacy over others?)” It was on this portion that JW org built their primary doctrine of Universal issue of sovereignty!

3) Jesus taught “if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?” (Mathew 5:47) Yet disciples understood as him saying “if you greet only your own people, you are doing a wonderful thing, and don’t even greet those who disagree with your beliefs.”

4) Paleontologists spend months and years in the jungle and deserts and come with valuable information on evolution. Yet supporters understand it differently making many mistakes making paleontologists mad. (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/15/jurassic-world-dinosaurs-inaccurate-paleontologists-outrage_n_7583384.html)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Venus how are you today? Well, I hope.

Here are my thoughts....nothing personal....just me...

1) the bible is a pile of toxic, steaming manure and should be shovelled into the ground rather than taken seriously.I don't care what it says...it's crap.

2) Because the bible is a steaming heap of dog pooh with no real message, people have interpreted it all differently. Some communicator their so called god is, ay?! What a divine turd.

3) Jesus didn't exist. He's like Harry Potter, an ideal fantasy for many.

4) I'm not sure what 4 has to do with the manure pile called the bible.

My observation as a Nihilist. I agree with a sort of Schopenhauer view. Life is a disappointment and we're all gonna bloody well die and that's that! No point in getting excited about anything.

...and on that happy note...............

• venus
    venus
    punkofnice

I liked your last para. It reminded me about the Persian and Arabic word for the world: duniya (place where law and logic no longer rule the lives of people).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Venus - duniya (place where law and logic no longer rule the lives of people).

Thanks. I'll keep a note of that one. It's my kind of thing.

I'm....er.....duniya (done 'ere).

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Interpretation of what has been communicated is a bigger problem

• venus
    venus

Drearyweather

Yes got what I was trying to say. This is the reason why Jesus wrote nothing, nor authorized anybody to write. God too would not make any oral or written communication which means you already know what you have to do. For example, you know

what action of others makes you happy/sorrowful which means you have a lesson on how to act towards others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is the reason why Jesus wrote nothing; he didn't exist. Made up fictional characters can't write.

I'm yet to see evidence of jesus actually existing...outside of the manure pile of the bible.

If he did exist and supposing he was the son of god and perfect, he should have written stuff. After all, he could have communicated in a way that was obvious and not open to any interpretation.

Face it...jesus didn't, doesn't and never will exist....a bit like the god he's supposed to have come from.

God too, would not make any oral or written communication which means you already know what you have to do.

Sorry, but more realistically, this is an excuse to justify the notion of a god existing...........because he doesn't exist.

It's all fantasy and delusion.

• venus
    venus

punkofnice

My dad is a Jew and mom is Christian. She was always nagging. Once dad said “it’s all your Christian upbringing—instead of crucifying Satan the transgressor, the innocent was crucified instead. What good can come from your background.” That was the end of her nagging, and beginning of my doubt on Bible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Venus - Your dad sounds like my kind of guy.

I don't know which country you're in, I suspect the USA. I'm in the UK and came across an American comedian called Lewis Black. He claims to be Jewish. He makes me die laughing with his angry rhetoric.

One of the things he said was that the OT is his people's book. Christian pastors interpret it all wrong. If you want to know what it means ask a Jew.

As for my family, we're so mixed, the BNP wouldn't know where to send us back to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit