Australian Royal Commission question looking back

by Aussie Oz 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

After all the attention the Royal commission focused on the WT and the damning report that came out, has anything changed at the congregational level or to WT policy?

I am getting the sense from what I have found that really it accomplished little more than embarrassing the WT and upsetting the JWs for a while.

Am I wrong in that thought?

Oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Aussie - and upsetting the JWs for a while.

That's only the ones that knew about it.

I really haven't heard a great deal about it since.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

In my part of the US, hardly anyone even knows it happened, and those that do usually haven't seen the actual videos and have only heard stories from the grapevine.

Those stories, of course, were that JWs won the day with the help of holy spirit. Just like every other time. Nothing to see here, folks. Just move along and don't find out for yourself.

How it's even possible to get millions of people to not type 3 words (such as "JW Royal commission" ) into the smartphones they carry 24/7 is downright baffling to me. But it works. Every time.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I would have hoped or even expected the Govt of Australia and the Royal Commission to have had teeth but alas, it seems it was just a huge waste of tax payers money gathering information that would never be used to actually DO anything.

Typical bureaucracy outcome

Shameful.

IMO it goes to show that the Govt here only pays lip service to the whole issue of child abuse.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You can get a feed back from the Redress scheme as I did today which lists those who have joined the Redress scheme and those who have not joined as of this date.

It also lists those who have not yet joined but that will do so in the near future .

The Jehovahs Witness religion has not joined as of today and has not indicated that they intend to join in the future.

The cut-off date for joining the redress scheme is in june this year.And those who do not take up this option will definetely undergo greater scrutiny as to why they didn`t do so in the 2 year period they had to join.

And it will be there for everybody to see if my understanding is correct.It will not be a good advertisement for the JW religion .

Is that what they want ? and cry persecution ? Nothing would surprise me now with this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit