Salvation Army Apology Video Regards to ARC

by LevelThePlayingField 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

If only the GB did this! Notice how in this 2 minute video he says that he says he "accepts that abuse has happened" and offers an "unreserved apology" and "will not defend this failure on our part". He said he is personally available to meet with survivors and to offer a personal apology.

He said he will be present personally each day during the Royal Commission and will attempt to keep you informed as it progresses. Wow. Can you imagine if that was Geoffrey Jackson saying all that? Well listen to the whole video for the whole thing because it's exactly opposite of Jackson said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEUg3SuBF0

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That's integrity.

• freddo
    freddo

There you go whacko Jacko! That's how a true Christian responds ...

• Chook
    Chook

The broken lambs in jws were sacrificed to the smoky alter so god could smell their burnt flesh, and he says to himself that will protect my glorious name

• JHK
    JHK

False Christianity puts a good example for true Christianity.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    He said he is personally available to meet with survivors and to offer a personal apology.

Oh the contrast!

From http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/12-things-we-learned-from-geoffrey-jacksons-testimony-at-the-royal-commission :

Another clue that Jackson is less than preoccupied with concern for the welfare of sex abuse victims can be found in his ignorance of the earlier testimony of BCG.

When asked by BCG’s lawyer whether he’d read her client’s evidence, Jackson replied: “I haven’t, I’m sorry. The reason I came here [to Australia] was to care for my ailing father, and that has taken a lot of my time. Plus, I wasn’t aware of the fact that I would be called before the Commission.”

At first glance this may sound like a reasonable excuse, but a disparity soon emerges when you consider the multiple occasions on which Jackson referred to the previous testimony of his own Watchtower representatives – something he somehow HAD found the time to brush up on despite caring for his father (bold is mine)…

• “But if I could mention, some of the reports that you have considered are from 25 years ago, and if I understand correctly, from what little I heard of the Commission in the last few days, Mr Spinks very accurately described that there has been more of an awareness of Jehovah’s Witnesses to make sure that any victim who has been a victim of a horrible crime is not required to actually go before three men.”
    • “If I understand your question correctly, from what I have heard from Mr Spinks’ testimony, that is not something that we require now.”
    • “Thank you for the opportunity to explain this. I think very clearly Mr Toole pointed out that if the Australian Government, in all the States, was to make mandatory reporting, it would make it so much easier for us.”
    • “Could I explain, Mr Stewart, that ‐ you see, I think already under testimony some of Jehovah’s Witnesses have explained that the two‐witnesses needed can be, in some cases, the circumstances.”

Therefore, Jackson HAD taken time out to research previous evidence in the commission. He was just very selective about whose evidence he listened to, and seemingly had a preference for brushing up on what Watchtower representatives had to say rather than child abuse victims.

Another telling moment came when BCG’s clearly-exasperated lawyer expressed her dismay at Monica Applewhite’s evidence as paid for by Watchtower, which seems to have been roundly dismissed as one-sided and non-credible by the Commission.

“It is really disheartening for the survivors that evidence from people such as Dr Applewhite, without any reference whatsoever to the victims ‘experience, suggests to them that the reason for engaging experts is… more to do with the reputation of the Jehovah’s Witnesses than any real attempt to get to a deep understanding of their experience.”

In response to what was, again, more of an appeal to his humanity, Jackson replied…

“I certainly hope that is not the case, and that certainly was not the intent of it. So please, be assured that we are interested in the individuals such as the client that you are representing. And may I take this opportunity, I don’t know your client, but please, could you convey an expression of my love and concern and reassure her that obviously she has had an opportunity to speak about how she feels, and hopefully this will help the policies and procedures to improve.”

So, not only had Jackson failed to find time to research the testimony of victims of child abuse within his organization, despite somehow finding time to listen to the testimony of Watchtower representatives Rodney Spinks and Vincent Toole. Jackson had also thrown away an opportunity to show compassion by admitting that the deployment of “expert for hire” Monica Applewhite was in poor taste from the point of view of the victims. And to add insult to injury, he was now issuing instructions to BCG’s lawyer to act as a go-between with her client.

My response, had I been on the receiving end of this request, would have been: “I take instructions from BCG – not you, Mr Jackson. I’m sure if you really care about BCG and her situation, you will find the time and means to convey that message to her yourself in person.”

• Tallon
    Tallon

That's integrity .... DesirousOfChange

Indeed it is. Hats off to you Commissioner Floyd Tidd.

Take note GB - this is an example of humility and courage to accept responsibility for the actions of one's own organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit