A step in the right direction: Denmark banning circumcision as a cruel, barbaric and archaic ritual not fit for modern civilised lands

by Gilbeath Haaraloth 27 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Gilbeath Haaraloth:

My next topic is about banning Halal the barbaric and cruel mistreatment of animals. I would post a video about what Halal is but it is far too graphic.

Would you do the same for Kosher?
  • cofty
    cofty

Well done Denmark!

Religion should have all the same rights and privileges as any other hobby.

If trainspotters all agreed to make a solemn pledge to cut of part of their children's genitals nobody would stand for it. Why do Jews or Muslims get a free pass to behave in a way we would not tolerate from any other group?

Now let's ban halal and kosher food.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Son of the trinity.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a circumcised man is a 'lesser ' man.

The point is that you and millions of others have been subjected to a questionable medical procedure without your consent.

If you became an adult and had never been circumcised and everything was physically ok with your foreskin, would you request a pointless procedure to have it removed?

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    If I were dating a rich hot Persian Jewish lady you bet your foreskin I would.
  • Spectre
    Spectre

Doubtfully Yours- Yes, female circumcision involves cutting out the clitoris.

SonoftheTrinity- A rich hot Persian Jewish lady asks you to cut off your right hand. Are you going to do that as well?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The article does not say what the title of this thread says.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

The article talks about the POSSIBILITY of making a ban on circumcision. I wholeheartedly agree with a ban on any sort of circumcision, both male and female.

There are religious considerations for male circumcision, if there was a ban, it would make a lot of Jewish and Muslim people angry, they would see it as an affront against their religious beliefs.

So while I respect the 1st amendment and what it stands for, I also think that the government should protect children. I highly doubt that, if given the chance, an adult would voluntarily go through circumcision. When circumcision is done, the future adult's opinion is not taken into consideration.

Unfortunately I cannot go back to being uncircumcised, so I cannot know the difference it makes regarding sexual pleasure. But if the scientific studies are right, then I now feel like I was unnecessarily robbed of something.

I wonder how many adult exJews or exMuslims feel once they know that they have been robbed of something and that they would have made a different choice as adults?

• bohm
    bohm

reposting:

• The article is in a tabloid
    • The article is in the idiot-section of the tabloid
    • The article discuss what some people would do if circumcision was banned
    • circumcision is not banned in Denmark and likely will not be for a long time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit