Experiences, a rose by any other name.

by M*A*S*H 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Every time a JW shares an 'experience' with me (in person or on JW.borg) it always strikes me that basically what they are describing are (alleged) miracles. In my mind, I seem to remember I was taught that miracles do not occur in today's world and ended with Jesus? Have I missed something here?

• elbib
    elbib

Yes I too have felt the same.

You attend a Kingdom Hall dedication (or an Assembly Hall, Branch). All the speakers would make it appear that it was made to happen because of God's invisible hand.

• Island Man
    Island Man

No, no, no! You have it all wrong! The only miracles that stopped are those that cannot be attributed to other natural causes - things like raising the dead; speaking in a foreign language that you haven't been taught; making the lame walk with a touch; etc.

But the other miracles that could just as easily be attributed to coincidence or natural causes - like a pioneer being given the exact money needed to pay a bill; calling at the home of someone who just prayed for god to show them the way; a mentally ill serial killer seeing an angel accompanying helpless sisters; etc - these kinds of miracles still occur because .... well .... they're less miraculous and so they don't count as the miracles that were done away with even though they're still miracles. lol

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    So what i think you saying is only 'miraculess miracles' are allowed !
  • Caedes
    Caedes

As long as you include 'angels' appearing in the form of big burly men to potential rapists!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit