Do any of the Governing Body members go door to door preaching?

by atomant 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

One of the GB members gave a talk at my convention years ago and made the statement that he couldn't wait for the new world because he hated field service. Said he can't wait for when people slamming doors in his face or waking up early on saturdays will be no more.

I remember being very shocked during this talk because the publications all say we are supposed to love going out in service but yet here was a GB member saying he hated it. I can't remember which member it was, either Herd or Morris. They're the only ones I've ever seen in person.

I don't know if they still go door to door, but I wouldn't be surprised if they count the broadcasts and any "theocratic service" as time. After all, I know some who count time whenever they go repair the Kingdom Halls. Both the brother AND his wife get to count that time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wait For It - "One of the GB members gave a talk at my convention years ago and made the statement that he couldn't wait for the new world because he hated field service..."

Pssh.

Ten bucks says that even in the ridiculously unlikely event that the WTS's crazy-ass eschatology did play out the way they think it will, they'd still figure out a way to enforce compulsory door-to-door evangelizing in the "New System", just because.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit