Do any of the Governing Body members go door to door preaching?

by atomant 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant

l was just wondering if they actually get off their fat plump bums (over fed) and set an example of door to door witnessing.

• zeb
    zeb

I have read that Rutherford never did.

• lookout
    lookout

Yes. They do.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

All I know is that I don't anymore.

• Chook
    Chook

They have probably in the past, but I think bethel members are allowed to count time working at bethel as a part of ministry. The 7 bosses probably meet for field service occasionally ,but being the spiritual kings they are ,they probably go and visit some old invalid sister who makes nice cakes. Just like King David different set of rules for adultery.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I believe they give the appearance of going D2D , and they may even give token service once in a while , and "stage settings" for magazine articles to boost the morale of the members.

I dont believe they would do even 10 hours of actual D2D witnessing in any given month like they expect the average publisher to do.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would imagine that past members actually went D2D, at least every once in a while. Although he was not a "GB", Charles Taze Russell did more preaching than all the current GB put together. How many hours did he turn in?? LOL!

The current GB probably consider their hours spent in the boardroom as "sacred service", so they don't hold themselves to the same standard as other JWs.

Another thing to consider is this: If the GB put in so much time in field service, why did the WTBTS have to photo-shop a picture of Sam Herd in service? Surely there was an actual picture of him preaching?!?? Is he really that busy writing about the lesser brains of women?

DD

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

I have worked for hours in field service with Tony Morris and his wife. I don't know what they do right now. I haven't seen them in years.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I have read that Rutherford never did - yes, I read that Rutherford didn't bother with that crap, too.

But do any of the current GB members go D2D? Probably.

All those green handshakes, all that free transport, plus Bethel doing everything but wipe your arse, give you lots of free time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

'Course they do!

We've even seen conclusive video evidence...

...where the WT camera crew was able to enter a worldy householder's house in advance, and set up an over-the-shoulder shot of him answering... the door... and a GB member... randomly... cold-calling... him...

...uh...

...never mind.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit