Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

by Simon 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

So the Marvel Multiverse ... it's a bit of a mess.

There is another multi-verse move though that's worth checking out. Michelle Yeoh is brilliant and kind of half plays herself (you'll understand when you see it) and so is Key Huy Quan who is the now grown-up actor who played the little Chinese kid in the Indiana Jones movies.

It's funny, it's moving, I've seen it twice and, well, I still can't really describe what it's about or fully understand it.

The description used while it was in production was that it's "the story of a woman struggling to do her taxes". Which is technically accurate, I guess. Then other things happen.

There are a couple of funny fight scenes. Offensive, but laugh-out-loud "holy cow, what the hell am I watching?!" funny. One is like "no, NO, they are not going to ... oh god, OH GOD they did, they went there!" ... then you think it can't get any worse and it immediately does. Thank god for strategic pixelation.

It has bits that feel like the Matrix and some other movies mixed in but it really is unique. It really is an experience, let's put it that way.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I went to the movie because some friends invited us. I really had almost no idea what the movie was about, just that it was scifi-ish.

I'm not all that impressed by most movies that I see, they are usually too predictable. Holy crap! This movie sure has hell wasn't!!!

• Simon
    Simon

Sometimes you can tell where a movie is headed. Sometimes you don't know what it's leading up to. With this one, you don't really quite know what's happening in the here-and-now!

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Definitely!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Michelle is a world renown martial artist... can't see her not putting her best foot forward. Can't get the series unfortunately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit