Evolution is a Fact #5 - Vitamin C

by cofty 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

What a nice man Clambake is.

Cofty thanks for the details, evolution has a solid history and everything humans learn about life only goes to support the theorum. Nothing in its 156 year history has detracted from its soundness, even the great advances such as Mendel's inheritance laws and Watson and Crick's revelation of the biological mechanism involved, then recently the genome analysis; all demonstrate conclusively the soundness of Darwin's great idea.

Just for the fuller picture, I have always known that fruit bats and guinea pigs share the inability to synthesize vitamin C as with us humans and looking it up on the internet just now, trout and salmon likewise.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes that is really interesting Half Banana. If you own a guinea pig as a pet you need to be sure to include vitamin C in their diet. Any species that has had access to vitamin C in their diet can lose the ability to produce their own with impunity.

The disabling mutation can happen anywhere in the process but in the case of primates it is the same error in each case.

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake - Hello again. Thank you for showing such commitment to my "Evolution is a Fact" series.

We are just getting started so I hope you stay with us.

Creationism is a fundamental doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses. Without it their entire religion collapses. That is why this series is so appropriate in this forum.

I am not a scientist. I am just somebody who enjoys learning and has an ability to explain stuff.

Please use google scholar to find peer reviewed articles on all of the topics in this series. If you have any questions on the topics I would enjoy discussing them with you.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Half Banana makes a very good point. The multi level evidence for evolution is unanswerable. It seems as though the more "new light" is shone on it the more it flourishes.

Clambake, can we really say the same about WT teachings?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    you are pretending you are an actual scientist

I often wondered what actual scientists do. Now I know! They put complex topics into simple sentences for the benefit of others on xJW forums.

Thanks for educating me on this Clambake, and alerting me that Cofty is not an actual scientist.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Clambake I think you've got Cofty on the ropes. Explain to him the real reason why those primates can't produce their own vitamin C and you'll torpedo this atheist bullshit topic out of the water!

C'mon, do it brother!!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's a credit to Cofty how he never throws insults towards peolple who carry on like Clambake.

I would have suggested to that ignorant piece of shit that he go fuck himself on the Part 1 thread.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Interesting points in these threads as I catch up. For the record, I'm reading this as I eat a nectarine.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    This paper goes into very deep detail on the evidence of the loss of vitamin C genes and evolution.

The guinea pigs, bats, and birds, lost or gained the gene in different ways... In the primates that lost it, the gene is lost in the same way.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3145266/
  • cofty
    cofty
    Thanks for that link ILoveTTATT2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit