Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

These are exciting times my friends! These are the stones falling, before the avalanche. This will be a domino affect of destruction for this CULT.

Their own arrogance will be their undoing. Their own self proclaimed delusions, will be what brings them down.

The closet doors are slowly opening. The skeletons are now, finally being exposed for ALL to see.

WE can help in bringing them down, by simply helping to expose them. The links to the articles should be photocopied by us, and distributed to news agencies, billboards, public areas, and even handed out to the rank and file JW's we see working the CARTS. All we have to do, is have them copied and ready to go. We can walk up to a cart and hand it to them.

The most important thing we can do to HELP the victims, and HEP that no more get victimized by this hateful CULT, is to send letters to the San diego court system that is handling these cases. We should THANK them for their diligence, and the good they are doing to help the victims. This will let THEM know that people ARE watching this, and interested in this, and that MANY want JUSTICE. Let them know in San Diego, that WE ARE COUNTING ON THEM FOR JUSTICE.

I bet the fines WILL go up, when they KNOW the world is watching.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

The WTS always seems to “dodge the bullet” in their pedophile cases either through continuous court appeals or by offering a direct cash settlement to the victims with a compulsory “gag order” on all the details. Nothing big really seems to stay in the headlines for long and it quickly disappears making very little impact on both JW’s and non-JW’s in the community.

As smiddy said, “They have thumbed their nose at the law (on numerous occasions) before and got away with it.”

I often wonder what it will take to fully expose this devious religion once and for all. What will be that watershed moment that will be remembered as the one event that finally opened the floodgates and opened people’s eyes to it all?

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I have seen at least two other cases like this one, where they judge made them pay money for willfully refusing to release the documents.

• Clearview
    Clearview

I wonder what my parents would say about this. My parents have always worked hard jobs, like manual labor jobs, and they've never made more than 3-4 thousand a month, let alone $4000 a day! They've had a rough go the last couple of years too because they're getting older and the work they've done all their lives is becoming too hard. No savings, No 401k, no growing to perfection.

I've got some entrepreneurial plans in the works and if I can I'll pay their retirement because they're good people, but just HALF of ONE DAY of fines the WT will be paying would set my parents for a whole month, hell, that's more than I make in a month right now.

I'm not sure how much my parents put in the donation box but I'm guessing one day of fines wipes out AT LEAST 4-5 years of my parents donations.

So there you go, they've put their hard earned money in the box for 4-5 years to pay for watchtower to keep their secrets for ONE MORE DAY!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Not meaning to be a naysayer , but , could many posters be just wishful thinkers here ?

Has any court in America ever taken down , or gone head to head with an established religion? and won ?

Like it or not Jehovah`s Witnesses are an established bona-fide religion in the USA

What does the American Constitution /Amendments say about religious freedom in America and how that is protected.

I think the courts , from Civil to Supreme are very dubious about tackling religious organizations.

Thats just my 2 cents worth , sorry , but I think I`m being a realist in this case , as much as I would love to see the WTB&TS go down ,

smiddy

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@problemaddict,

There is a french site with an offline library of BOE letters, available upon request.

By the looks of it they do have the 1997 child abuse letter.

http://www.watchtowerwayback.org/index.php?article69/eng-83-new-updated-letters-from-the-watchtower-to-bodies-of-elders-in-the-usa-1977-to-2001

• JHK
  • JHK
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@problemaddict,

Al lot of BOE's including the 1997 child abuse letter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qynoqttqpo30nx4/1905-2015-BOE-File.pdf?dl=0

But I guess the court is looking for letters that the congregation sent back to WT HQ in reply to the BOE letter.
    Those letters would show they knew they had a child abuser in their midst....and they did nothing about it.

This letter is almost certain to never be leaked, as it is sent from a congregation to HQ.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As kairos perfectly said, THIS is why the "police" in riot gear were eagerly hunting down the "witnesses" in the bunker video!

Just to make them comply with laws to help protect children from abuse. Nothing more, nothing less.

So GB, is it really "persecution" or is it warranted "punishment"???!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit