Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• prologos
    prologos

The content of these files, if opened, might be far more disastrous to the wt, even financially, then the fee they have to pay to keep it away from public scrutiny. their record keeping might prove as slovenly as their effort to help future victims.

• kairos
    kairos

With all the child abuse scrutiny that will ultimately end in massive cash awards and fines, implosion is imminent~

• aDe8hied
    aDe8hied

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/4u5yi6/anyone_know_if_theres_an_update_for_campos/

Court documents can be bought here https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/
    Case number is 00067529
    Starting year of case is 2013

• aDe8hied
    aDe8hied

These documents are filed after 06/24/2016. Each one of them costs $7,50.

• 366 07/21/2016 Report - Other (Status Conference Report) filed by WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC. WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC (Defendant)
    • 365 07/15/2016 Notice of Designation of Record on Appeal and Election to Proceed by Appendix and Reporter's Transcript filed by WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC. Refers to: Padron, Osbaldo WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC (Appellant) Notice of Designation of Record on Appeal and Election to Proceed by Appendix and Reporter's Transcript
    • 365 07/15/2016 [Another document for ROA# 365] Letter RE Election to Proceed SD
    • 364 07/07/2016 Notice of Filing filed by The Superior Court of San Diego. Notice of Filing
    • 363 07/06/2016 Notice of Appeal filed by WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC. Refers to: Padron, Osbaldo WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC (Appellant) Notice of Appeal
    • 362 07/01/2016 Proof of Service filed by PLAYA PACIFICA SPANISH CONGREGATION. PLAYA PACIFICA SPANISH CONGREGATION (Defendant) Proof of Service
    • 361 07/01/2016 Order - Other (RE Discovery Referees REcommendation on Motion for Protective Order and Motion for Sanctions) filed by PLAYA PACIFICA SPANISH CONGREGATION. PLAYA PACIFICA SPANISH CONGREGATION (Defendant) RE Discovery Referee's REcommendation on Motion for Protective Order and Motion for Sanctions
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you all for updates and any future updates!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

It should be noted, this letter is already available to see. But it isnt "admisible" because it hasnt been delivered through the proper channels. The reason is not because the letter is damning, but because it encourages the reporting of more onfo to the branch. The next logical question.......where is that info.

THAT is what they want to avoid.

• aDe8hied
    aDe8hied

Today the minutes of Status Conference 07/22/2016 can be bought.

Price $7,50. Length is one page.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I was just looking at the link provided for the court documents and was surprised to see the amount of lawyers the WT is paying to keep these documents hidden! I think I counted 8 lawyers against Zelkin and Story?

I do feel bad for Padron/ Lopez and how ever more fighters against the WT are out there. I know how frustrating it is to hurry up and wait. I just keep in mind it's a marathon and not a race.

I can't tell you how impressed I am by the fight and patience these survivors have and hope they know we are all behind their fight.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Now I know where my daughter's ice cream money is going!

• aDe8hied
    aDe8hied

I checked court web site again today.

"07/21/2016 Report - Other (Status Conference Report) filed by WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC."
    Can be bought electronically.

It's 50 pages, price $10.30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit