Imagine living in JW's Paradise.

by James Mixon 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

JWs have this fantasy that their life in paradise would be something like the romanticized version of living in the USA in the 19th century that you see in old Hollywood movies.

Or "Little House on the Prairie" - everybody somehow maintaining 20th century levels of cleanliness and order despite no electricity, little or no running water, only the crudest of sanitation systems....

• sparky1
    sparky1

"PANDADISE.........................." - DATA-DOG lol.....lol....lol

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

Luckily in a JW paradise you are not immortal - you are just perfect but still mortal. Theoretically, of course.

So in light of that, I would swiftly curse God for such a plight and stick a sharply crafted shiv from a plant husk into my gut to bleed out.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

But LOTS OF FRUIT and cuddly bears!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

What comes to mind when I think about the Paradise scenario. Wayward Pines, Ishmael the Gorilla's critique of civilization, and the Last Man on Earth. Too much Hulu, I admit it.

With Ishmael the Gorilla, the sin really got bad when Cain (Agricultural Man) slew Seth (Pastoral Man). To truly have faith in God, mankind must forsake the inheritance of Cain and sedentary civilization. Which is why the Abbies in Wayward Pines are better than people. The Last Man on Earth drifts betweem boring and hilarious which is what life would be like if 99% of humanity were dead.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If I could travel back to live in Adam's time I'd take a few loaves of bread and plenty of toilet paper.

All that fruit that Adam & Eve ate - there's plates and plates of it in WT artwork - would give me the two bob bits.

Lots of fibre and loo paper - and I'm sorted ...

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

How many here love their mates, but don't even want to imagine having to live with them for eternity (or even a thousand years?) Hands up!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Eternal life would get really boring, unless I had super-powers. Then I could venture to the bottom of the ocean, hang out, see what's happening. Or, I could fly to every planet in the Solar System.

Who could stay on one planet forever? BORING!!! Can you imagine actually having to hear TOMO and Co. give orders forever??

KILL ME!!!

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Don't forget that the WTS says most humans will be resurrected, 20 billion

I have always liked this version, more accurate based on how jws operate in their congregations.

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

No black cats because they are magical

Isnt enough what the prophet said:

"There will be vineyards, gardens, and they will build houses.

I always interpreted it to mean that like in the imagoe of the old Truth book, there will be houses that look like in those japanese gardens.

and I always thought that in paradise there will be the latest technological developments achieved and benefitted of, EXCEPT the slave should decide to go back in history or a big armageddon destroyed everthing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit