To JW's who believe WT is the"Truth"

by ARoarer 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I have seen comments by JW's who support the notion that thier is a group of "special men" like Russell that Jehovah has selected to write down the "inspired" thoughts through Watchtower and Awake and other publications.

First of all, the Bible tells us that God "cannot lie" and every "inspired utterances are true". That being the case, how can the truth of God originate in lies by a man, Russell who was heavily involved in the occult.? Why is it that virtually all of these "inspired" publications replaced with 'New Light" or revised "truth"? Why don't these special men get it right when they write these"inspired" thoughts from God?. Or does he keep changing his mind every time??? Why does he "inspire them to constantly re-write thier own history, and call those who question lie of their history "disloyal"? How come the issue of rape keeps changing like the wind in all of thier publications? Why is the "watchtower" symbol of the organization, rooted in the occult as many of the teachings and symbols of Russell? Why does the Watchtower Organization use Lawyers to lie in it's behalf to fight sexual abuse accusations by victims, Why does Watchtower send it's lawyers to court go file briefs as "friends of the court" when other religions of "Babylon the Great" try go protect rights for molesters?

If anyone can add more questions to JW's for answers, please do. It boggles my mind how JW's continually blindly fight these facts and still believe this is a religion "inspired" by God. And why did Watchower writers, if they are led by Holy Spirit to write what are the true inspired expressions of God, change the meanings of words in the New World Translation? I have researched all of these questions when I and my family were faced with the WT lying to us in an effort to protect a pedophile. Initially it was the sex abuse issue that made me stop attending meetings but it was the questions and research that made me know they were never the true religion, but nothing more that false teachers claiming to be Christian. I no longer read the New World Translation and it's twisted meanings. I wish more of you JW's would "examine your religion" as brought out in the "Truth Book" that they used to use to study with worldlings. If the WT Society had to measure itself today according to the specifications on "Identifying the True Religion, as brought out in that publication, they would never succeed in shining as the "True Religion"

• waiting
    waiting

Why is the "watchtower" symbol of the organization, rooted in the occult as many of the teachings and symbols of Russell?

I didn't know that. What's the "wathtower" stand for - or who was it used by?

I know Russell had the Rah sungod image (outstretched golden wings) on the Finished Mysteries volumes 1-7 (there are different covers for the many different times they published & sold the same set).

And the Stanley Theater has the Rah Sungod golden wings blazed across the front of it (original to the building). Even if it is original to building, they most likely could have covered it with something else.....I'm sure they would have done something if it had been a huge crucifix.

Thanks for the thread.

waiting

• Room 215
    Room 215

re waiting's comment: the very first Assembly Hall, on Greenpoint Avenue in Queens was also a converted movie theater; the original motif was ancient Egyptian and the columns and celing were festooned with all the trappings of Egyptian polytheism and crux ansata, etc. It took relentless badgering of the local JWs who went there to lobby Knorr and the boys in Bethel to remove them. I worked on the renovation and witnessed this first-hand. And this in an era when the Babylon the Great book had the dubbies fretting over wiind chimes and Fleur de Lys wallpaper patterns!

• mizpah
    mizpah

Aroarer:

The Watchtower has always made disclaimers that it is not "inspired" in the same sense as were the apostles and other writers of the Bible. Russell and others claimed that they were in the dawn of a new day and as light became brighter a better understanding of Scripture would be revealed. They claimed that the holy spirit would guide and direct them to a better understanding "in God's due time."

However, in practice the Watchtower became much more stringent in demanding that its members accept its pronouncements as Holy Writ. Rutherford was an autocrat that broached no opposition to his own views. The Bible Students had to conform to his views or get out of the organization. And the Watchtower has carried on his policies to this very day.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Often when the WTS uses the word "prophet" concerning themselves, you will notice that the word is surrounded by quotation marks, indicating not a seer, but a prophet in a quasi-sense. It is just like the Billy Graham is called a prophet (see "A Prophet With Honor : The Billy Graham Story" by William Martin)
    and another Church leader, Klemp (see "Autobiography of a Modern Prophet"
    by Harold Klemp). The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language uses the word *prophet* also as "A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression" and "The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause." This is how the word prophet is used of these men in a quasi-sense, just like JW's use it.
    Again, we, unlike the Mormons, do not refer to each other as prophets.
    Heinz Schmitz
    [email protected] This is how it was explained to me. I find this very thin. They use more than a quasi-definition of inspirational guidance when a person is df'd for not believing the necessary things as stated during baptism

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit