New songs unexpectedly released . . .

by neat blue dog 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Earlier this year it was announced to all congregations that the new silver songbook would ultimately be made of 150 songs, (matching the number of Psalms in the Bible). However, they've apparently changed there minds in the last few months, because songs 152-154 were just posted to both jw-org and jw broadcasting.

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/

https://tv.jw.org

Did you notice that there is no song 151 to be seen? It jumps from 150 to 152. I wonder if they're going to backpeddle now on releasing that deluxe silver softcover prototype they showed at the annual meeting, or if they'll even limit the number of songs in the revised songbook now . . .

• wifibandit
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

153 sounds a lot like R.E.M. - Stand

Ha!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You are right WiFiBandit !!

Wow!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

154. "How to endure"...

Yet another example of how the society makes witnesses feel burdened down by "the pressures of life"...

They seriously make witnesses feel that living is hard...that it is something that has to be ENDURED rather than lived and enjoyed.

Yes people go through ups and downs in life, but this constant reinforcing of the "trials of life" makes witnesses feel guilty if they are actually enjoying life.

They all feel that they must constantly find something "hard to deal with" each day.

Messed up indeed...

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

R.E.M. - Stand??

To me its more like Weird Al's Spam.

• hoser
    hoser

Who writes this crap?

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW. They need some serious HELP!! Are all their songs written in the same put me to sleep.... and WOW those lyrics.

How about, sorry I have no clue how to link things.

Josh Groban You Lift Me Up

Amazing Grace (yes someone needs to explain why that is taboo to the Witnesses )

Nearer My God to Thee ( I know but I hold the cross very near dear to me and this song has a very special meaning. Tears flow all the time )

Old Rugged Cross

Precious Moments

Footprints in the Sand

I left religion in 2000 (Lutheran) I worship every Sunday for 4 hours listening to the sounds of beautiful voices singing praises to God. When I get the chance I will go to the east coast and watch the sunrise during this time and there is no greater uplifting experience.

• dozy
    dozy

Isn't the guy ( front row - left ) in the first picture is the same one who left in one of the "bunker videos" because of his complaining / apostate attitude?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if song 151 is the new Windows 9. If they do come up with the Windows 9 song, they will still need 512 to reach the number they deserve to have. As for the quality, they are terrible. Joke-hova is NOT my hope for anything but damnation. That thing does not deserve my faith, and it is nothing but a complete scumbag.

I can only hope joke-hova gets itself bound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit