News Flash: New Reveal Article

by Sugar Shane 116 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So if the WTS "win" then child abuse cover ups are OK?

That is insane - your dad is an idiot and it may be genetic......Simon

................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

it was put in place to protect the freedom of speech of the sinner -not the church - but the 'sinners' (or criminals to most sane people) are members of a particular church. If the 'sinners' benefit, so does their church.

Also, these laws protect not only freedom of speech of the 'sinners' but also their freedom to live, eat, sleep with their families, their freedom to prey on other children ...

I'm not gonna lie, your posts in this thread disgust me, Fisherman ...

• Simon
    Simon
    The church refuses to go to jail because Caesar does not want her there. There is no efficacy in child abuse reporting laws with jail bars that provide too much of a protective gap between the sinner and the one hearing the confession, like the distance between words and the one trying to use his word processor -if you know what I mean.

No I don't, you don't make any sense and I suspect it's intentional - lots of red herrings designed to try and confuse the issue which is actually incredibly simple.

So Caesar suddenly knows best and must be obeyed even when he's not demanding it? Just because there isn't a law would not stop them from doing the right thing and reporting an abuser. They have already said multiple times that they are not clergy and no one can be sued for reporting a crime, suggesting otherwise is nonsense.

They chose not to report abuse committed within their ranks purely and completely for their own benefit and their supposedly "good name" which no one believes anymore. Do you imagine if they learned of abuse by priests that they would be silent? Of course not ...

• Simon
    Simon
    Also, these laws protect not only freedom of speech of the 'sinners' but also their freedom to live, eat, sleep with their families, their freedom to prey on other children ...

Reporting crimes you become aware of is nothing whatsoever to do with free speech.

If anything it would be 5th amendment rights not to self-incriminate.

But that doesn't apply either. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A COURT!!

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Below find information coming directly from a representative of the Charity Commission in answer to the question about mandatory reporting in the UK and should for all practical purposes be recognized as an expert's reply.

BTW, I noted that the information in the post below is similar to what has already been posted on this subject already. This means we have experts among us who knew what they were talking about in their posts regarding this subject. So I'm giving them a :-) !

There is no mandatory reporting in the UK although there is in Ireland. It's therefore open to individual groups and charities to decide whether or not they want to have voluntary mandatory reporting. A good example in the UK is the Catholic Church in England and Wales, which does and, by way of contrast, the Church of England does not. There are however requirements under charity law here for the trustees of a charity to take reasonable steps to ensure that the people they work with aren't exposed to undue risk - this is where we site safeguarding. The question is: if you are not reporting to the police, how are you identifying and managing risk?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Your last comment makes as much sense as your previous comments.. Virtually ZERO.

Are you actually saying that Ministers are not allowed to visit and counsel incarcerated criminals by Governments??

Criminals can repent after they commit a crime, but that doesn't mean that a Minister should try to shield that criminal from the consequences of a crime. Why can't an Elder go visit a convicted criminal, such as Jonathan Holt, and offer spiritual assistance while the convicted person serves their sentence?

There is no moral/religious duty for a Minister to protect anyone from the consequences of their actions. The penitent may believe that God forgives them, and it could be true, but they may have to pay for what they did.

I'm not singling out any one religion. Reforms are needed across the entire spectrum of "isms". I am saying that since The WTBTS has and still officially claims to have no Clergy/Laity distinctions and has claimed and still officially claims that Elders do not have the power to absolve sin, they cannot possibly apply the Clergy/Penitent relationship to avoid reporting child molesters.

You may very well be the most obtuse poster on this forum.

DD

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Below find information coming directly from a representative of the Charity Commission in answer to the question about mandatory reporting in the UK and should for all practical purposes be recognized as an expert's reply.
    Aye. The debate in Britain has been around if and how far to criminalise a failure to report rather than a need to discuss whether it should happen. Hopefully Goddard and McClellan will help provide some guidance towards what would work best in a British context, especially with groups who refuse to recognise their duty to protect children. I would personally welcome further strengthening measures on corporate responsibility to ensure adequate policies are in place. Tired of seeing those who make the decisions sit back and disclaim responsibility for their actions whilst survivors have to fight through civil courts to get restitution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit