News Flash: New Reveal Article

by Sugar Shane 116 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mephis
    Mephis

I don't understand the question.(ah edit ok) Let me explain how it works here.

There are currently few professions in Britain who are legally (as in written into law) required to report. Police and social workers and... I can't recall off top of my head. But few. People like teachers aren't legally required to report. But people like teachers have professional bodies who regulate them who demand that they report or they can face professional sanctions if they are discovered not to have reported.

Away from that we allow religions to claim huge tax subsidies by accepting that they are charities. Because they are charities, they are expected to follow a basic set of ethical standards set out by the Charity Commission. That does include letting the Charity Commission know about serious crimes, it also involves having adequate child safeguarding policies. So JWs, like every other religion claiming charitable status, falls under those regulations.

So we have a very different system here to the one in other common law countries. For the moment. We have a big judicial inquiry under way called the Goddard Inquiry. What comes out of that will shape child safeguarding for a long time in this country. As will ARC's findings placed alongside it. But that's for the future.

Hope that's a clear enough potted history. You only got it because Kasich is boring me.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Let me repeat the question:

In the UK, are Anglican priests mandated by UK law to report child abuse that they heard in a priest /penitent setting to statutory authorities?

Yes or No. (very easy question)
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    I'll repeat the answer for you again. The only people in Britain mandated by law to report are the police and social workers. But reducing the question to that in Britain is bordering on the cretinously simple. Our system is not the same as the one in the USA.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

You are not answering my question. If you do not want to that it is ok.

Let me repeat the question:

In the UK, are Anglican priests mandated by UK law to report child abuse that they heard in a priest /penitent setting to statutory authorities?

Yes or No. (very easy question)

I will not ask again

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Let me rephrase it for you one last time then. Anglican priests, in common with everyone else in Britain apart from social workers and the police, are not mandated by law to report. However focusing solely on the legislation here in Britain is kind of dumb because our society does not work solely from what gets written on vellum.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yes or no?

I did not ask you for your commentary.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    But you can evade my question and ramble on and on.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Thank you Mephis. Good night.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    I'll go with option 'you're a troll' and listen to Jeb. You've been very clearly answered sufficient times. And the same answer applies to JWs too. Just so's you don't get too excited about it being different. :)
  • jhine
    jhine
    Fisherman you are doing it again . Attacking other denominations while deflecting from the WT . First you say that churches DO NOT have to be responsible for the physical safety of their children . Then you carry on at length about how other churches don't do what , according to you, they don't need to do ! So the WT does not have to care about children , everyone else does . Just think about this . Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit