Funeral Memorial Service: Who was this mystery man?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = because he was the only one to.

My Brother wears a pin and he isn't even an elder or MS.

Maybe he was an elder , big deal , elders are know to behave suspiciously, like their scanning over everyone.

They are in power you know ?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Maybe he was an elder , big deal , elders are know to behave suspiciously, like their scanning over everyone.

I know elders are given the duty of watching people at weddings to see who is drinking more than they should,watch who dances with whom,and make sure the D.J.'s don't play insane music.

If this man was an elder,he must be a loser.I don't see why he needed to wear a pin,use a tablet for 2 hours and not even get up from his seat. STRANGE!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**If this man was an elder,he must be a loser.I don't see why he needed to wear a pin,use a tablet for 2 hours and not even get up from his seat. STRANGE!**

Maybe he was a JW secret agent. Like one of the **Men in Black**

**I know elders are given the duty of watching people at weddings to see who is drinking more than they should,watch who dances with whom,and make sure the D.J.'s don't play insane music**

What a bunch of paranoid, delusional people. It must be very,very stressful.

• zeb
    zeb

Interesting sort of. Way off my track but at the funeral did they talk about the deceases or do a recruitment.? I have heard jw ask about field service arrangements at a funeral seconds after the deceased passed through thecurtain.

The mystery man was prob some rabid geek who has to take notes every time he sits down... and probably there too.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Maybe the elder giving the funeral talk is suspected of being an "apostate" and his BOE sent someone, unknown to those in attendance, to monitor the talk to make sure it was orthodox JWism and not infiltrated with "apostate lies."

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Rules,

My sympathies to you and your family in the loss of your cousin.

It does sound like maybe this mystery man was in charge of setting up the stage and/or sound.

Who knows what he was really doing on his tablet. What if he was here posting!

Probably not but interesting to think about.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    At a KH, filled with JWs? Good turnout! Probably just socially challenged, maybe there to check out single sisters or something. Unless your family is very prominent, doubt there is a dramatic story here.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I heard that at the memorial the instruction is to have a table with literature on it. So I am wondering if the same instructions are for the funerals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit