Australian Prime minister apology for child abuse.

by zeb 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zeb
  • Listener
    Listener

The Prime Minister has given his speech and it was very disappointing. No mention was made of those that did not join the redress scheme. No mention was made as to any particular Royal Commission recomendations being implemented other than they will continue to review them in the future.

All those in attendance to the speeches were supplied with a box of tissues. Why, I don't know because the PMs message was not sincere, he even pretended to choke up when mentioning one abuse victim.

The opposition is currently giving his speech and he is right when he says that apologies are empty without action and there is much more work to do.

These apologies are done to make the politicians look good but it doesn't make the newly appointed PM, Mr Morrison look good at all. More action is needed.

• zeb
    zeb

With tears in my eyes i can only hope that this moment is carried around the world and that the UK with its inquiry seemingly bogged down and America the base country of the Watchtower will wake up to its iniquity and move to see an inquiry into it.

Here the PM was informed in the past few days reminded that the wt has refused to involve itself withe the National Redress Scheme they are aware..

"The wheels of govt move exceedingly slow but turn they do.."

Live long prosper in wisdom.

zeb

• zeb
    zeb

To any current jw who may read this.

Read for yourselves Mathew 10 v 19 where Jesus spoke and then consider the fumbling disjointed and evasive responses by the elders by Jackson at the ARC and ask yourselves is this an org are these people showing that they s were given their words by the holy spirit.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi all.

I did watch it to completion and cannot wait for the transcript as I thought that the pm said with regard to those not party to the redress scheme,,,, "we won't let you off the hook". I stand to be corrected. I agree with Listener, the pm's speech was hollow. In my view Shorten was much more pointed and even though I recall him from union days etc (and didn't like him as I saw him as a 'climber' which he has proven to be)) I felt he had more force in his delivery....... Lets see if the words of both or either prove to be of substance or cheap. btw, I immediately pointed out to pimi and pimo friends to read and listen carefully and understand the dismal failure of many institutions including jws regarding this travesty.

jtg

• Listener
    Listener

The section of the speech that you are recalling is probably this -

And the institutions which perpetrated this abuse, covered it up and refused to be held accountable, must be kept on the hook.

Already, many of those organisations have made their own apologies and have signed up to be a part of the National Redress Scheme, as they should.

But there are others yet to join, and today I simply say that justice, decency and the beliefs and values we share as Australians, insists that they sign on.

Full speechhttps://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/22/scott-morrisons-national-apology-to-australian-survivors-and-victims-of-child-sexual-abuse-full-speech
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

And didn`t the opposition leader bill Shorten state that half of the States of Australia still haven`t signed up supporting the Redress Scheme ,that only half have done so in this point of time.?

Institutions ,Churches and charities may argue that if half of the States of Australia refuse to sign up on the Redress scheme then why should we.? Its either all or nothing.

Many people are skeptical of this whole affair. Are Governments just show poning ,seeming to do the right thing to appease the masses without actually doing very much about it.?

I hope not.

Edit to add: I did listen to Bill Shortens speech and I was impressed by what he said however he is the opposition leader and what opposition leaders say doesn`t always if ever come to fruition when their in power .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In my book if the governments were in fact serious about this whole business they would prosecute all of those who knew of child sexual abuse and didn`t report it to the appropriate authorities whether it was mandatory or not .

Whether it be people in charge of Institutions ,Churches or charitable organizations.

To sexually abuse a child is a crime ,to know about this abuse and not report it is surely a crime because you are then aiding and abetting a criminal that is also a crime and allowing that person to commit other crimes against children.

• zeb
    zeb

I understand that many cases brought before the ARC have been handed on to the Police for action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit