It is 5am and I still can't sleep. Contemplating life, doing research on religion, world history, science...

by Stepford Wife 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife

My husband is still asleep but he will get up in about an hour for work so I'm going to quickly tell you my inconclusive conclusion. I don't know if I can believe in God anymore. I have come to the simple conclusion that he is either dead or evil but he is definitely not loving. Besides, why must we conclude that God is loving? Because we exist? That's absurd. I think, therefore I am. That's it.

The whole story of Adam and Eve is bunk. Complete and utter nonsense, a forgery of ancient Mesopotamian tales and myths. That much is certain. The only part where I could consider a God or deity intervening or showing himself was Jesus but even his history is lacking conclusive evidence and may as well be a forgery. With that said, the script writers of Jesus' life did have a positive message, one of peace and love and that I can believe in. I'm all about love and peace, things which this world needs. I once heard my grandfather say, "Religion is complicated, God is simple." I believe that he is also right. The belief in God is necessary for many people to use as a crutch to get by in life to give them meaning. I never needed that although I wanted to believe that the misery and suffering would end and that there was a higher power. It is easier to believe that than to accept the fact that we are alone in the universe and there is nothing else. It seems so empty without the thought that someone up there cares and will remember you. It doesn't matter. I still believe in being kind and loving no matter what because IF there is a supernatural being I would hope he would remember me for being this way. Ok my rant is over. I can now go to bed. Good night!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    a like from me.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I've burned the candle light deep into many a night pondering the same things and coming to mostly the same conclusions. I'm 99% sure that god doesn't exist. I'm 100% sure that the god character of the old testament was an (insert colorful adjective here).

Jesus was a fascinating person and I admire many of his qualities. But I have seen no proof or reasonable necessity to bow before him and deify him.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    If the bible is supposed to teach us all about God, then we see that he approves of incest (think of Lots daughters), murder of children, genocide, stealing of land, jealousy, etc....
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

What a lovely post to conclude that God is of no fixed abode.

Personally I have always believed children have the best imagination, and when we grow older, we suddenly stop. Why? Perhaps because any intelligent adult loses that innocence, and joyful imagination of youth. Who Knows? Certainly not me. And yet - is it truly foolish not to cherish the imagination of our youth? And if so, then happy I am to be a fool. So I understand also your last paragraph.

Maybe you should read some buddiisam, it does give some meaning to life. and without the walls of religion. As the Buddha sad if somebody says something and it doesn't agree with your own common sense and reason, then don't believe it, no matter who said it, even if I said it ( The Buddha)

Or here is some wisdom from The Rebel, My thoughts belong to me, not my wife, not my son, not my father, not my mother, not religious leaders, not my boss, not ...well you get the point. Anyway you wrote it much better " I think, therefore i am" and all I would add is I try to think in such a way that I am happy, to be alive.

The Rebel,

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Richard Dawkins

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Richard Dawkins

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

Religion is a rort and a racket! The only truth from JW's thanks to drunk Rutherford! Take time for yourself and ponder

Be You go with your instinct remember you have been programmed . you have all the time in the world. Its confusing at first but ultimately you find you!

Its surprising how wonderful it is to discover we are only human and how wonderful the good and bad is and the unconditional love that comes our way.

• megaboy
    megaboy

I don't think you can really blame a higher power for what people on the planet do.

I will say that the scriptures seem to imply that he has visitations. So there are periods or seasons where he leaves man to do what they will and then returns to prepare their judgement.

The western empire seems to be in its final stages and is very ripe for judgement which is why all of the pains feels so severe. But it does seem that the atrocities that came with the spread of the western empire have gone on so long it has causes some psychological effects on the populations. To recieve judgement is usually good in its time, but if a criminal has not recieved punishment for a crime and goes on long enough, it can harm them mentally and make them more dangerous. This is why I think things in these areas have become so much worse over time.

Another thing that is unfortunate is that western influences in control of media and TV are not always honest with their populations on what is going on and what is true. As I have reasearched I've found that they have known the truth about a lot of things (as recorded in their older academic journals and studies) , but used the established schools as a way to reset education and history and keep a false perception going. If the information does come out, they pretend and play it off as a new discovery. But the main priority of the empires of the planet are not God or religion or even money, their priority is simply just to not to relequish their diminion or influence over the earth. Just following in the foosteps of Nimrod or Herod.

As an example, before their influence spread out of Eruope, the Western empires population were never truly Christian, but they used it as a unification and rallying point to spread their influence through conquest. To get support from their lower class thats really all they could use, beyond propaganda and buzzword terms like liberty and freedom.

People and nationalities haven't really changed all that much throught time. Like seasons change but the elements stay constant, ages change but the workings of man stay the same.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Stepford Wife!
    What you don't believe that gods MASTER PLAN - and his PERFECT CREATIONS could all be flummoxed by a Talking Snake saying 47 words - plunging the Heavens and over 100 Billion humans into disaster, pain, sorrow and death, to culminate in the last 7 billion people being turned into Human Hot Dogs by none other than Tony Morris just because they could not come up with the right interpretation of a "not that old" Confusing, Contradictory, Misogynistic, Slave promoting, Unscientific book of fairy tales, including one about Ed the talking Donkey?

All I have to say is - Ye of little faith.

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    I went back and read your first post. I feel your pain, for real. So many are in the same situation that you are in. I hope that brings some comfort to know you are not alone. But it sounds like you are going too fast. Slow down and take it easy. Live you life and enjoy it. I don't want you to suffer from information overload. Peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit