God does not desire any to be destroyed?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nobodyspecial
    Nobodyspecial

"But never for a moment think that God will be derelict in his duty in judging sin. That would make him evil and the source of the sin, which he is not."

so the last 6,000 years dosent count as dereliction....?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

That's right Perry, humans die, animals die and stars die. I guess stars and animals are separated from God because of Eve. Makes perfect sense right?

Oops, Satan doesn't die. I guess he isn't separated from God like the rest of us. And sorry Perry, his being killed by Yahweh eventually doesn't mean he dies like we do. And you know it.

Satan can be the cause of death and get millenniums of years to live; I inherit death from Eve and I get 70 years. Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

But I'm guessing the Christian mental masturbation will continue.

• Perry
    Perry
    Satan can be the cause of death and get millenniums of years to live; I inherit death from Eve and I get 70 years. Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

OGTG,

I think you are making a common mistake in defining death. This is understandable from a JW/7th Day Adventist background. For humans, when you are separated from your body, you are biblically dead.

• The idea of consciousness after death was widely accepted from Israel's earliest times, contrary to what the Watchtower would have its members believe.

The lexicographical evidence is so clear that the great Princeton scholar, B. B. Warfield; stated that with modern Hebrew scholars, there is no “hesitation to allow with all heartiness that Israel from the beginning of its recorded history cherished the most settled conviction of the persistence of the soul in life after death. The body is laid in the grave and the soul departs to Sheol.”2 George Eldon Ladd in The New Bible Dictionary (p. 380), comments: In the Old Testament, man does not cease to exist at death, but his soul descends to Sheol.

ARTICLE

Humans alone are made in the image of God as a tri-partite being - spirit, soul & body. This is in imitation of our triune creator. Spirits are not said to have been made in the image of God. WE were. We have a spirit and ARE a spirit.

You will be conscious eternally. There is NOTING you can do to change this. It is pre-built into the design of humans.

The thing about God is that he is in the business of creating victory & freedom. He doesn't leave us in our bitterness, self pity, blame and discontent. Yes, he must do his duty one day at judgment, but his primary business is one of restoration.

He is the God of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ....77th chance, especially in this age of Grace. He has a destiny for each one of us to restore each of us to his/her rightful place as a royal family member.

The work of Gods enemies are powerless against God's ability to restore brokenness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit