JW covid-19 victims in the Netherlands

by Gorbatchov 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

From an excellent and trustfull elder source, I heard today

that in the Netherlands, 440 jw's have covid-19 and 11 jw's have died.

G.

• menrov
    menrov

Very sorry to hear as any victim is one too many. If number is correct, shame WT is silent on this. Are they scared to realize that their special bond with their God does not protect them and all suffer the same as all others?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

It is sad. Death is an enemy and people are so precious.

But it brings to my mind that promise J F Rutherford made, that was even expressed to me in 1992 - millions now living will never die. What a tragic reality these folk are facing, all the time being misled and exploited by this heartless, unchristian organisation and its agents (the ones who are not fooled but are too cowardly to stand up or too uncaring).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Didn't we have a watchtower about a year how Jehovah protects his people?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It is announced at the meeting.

G.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I am sorry to see anyone die of this terrible virus. I seldom give the Watchtower credit for anything, but I will say this: they acted correctly as far as stopping in-person meetings and door-to-door activities. Their reasons for doing so might be self-serving, but the fact is they undoubtedly saved lives by taking this action.

To be clear: It is still most certainly a money grubbing mind-control authoritarian cult! The little good they may do on occasion for whatever reason does nothing to ameliorate the massive harm they do all day every day.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I have heard the same thing. It was in a letter from the branch.

Death rate seems to be twice as high as in the general population. This may be because it's a too small sample, and/or because JW (here) have a much higher average age compared to the general population.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks gorby ,I wonder if they would continue to announce these figures at future meetings ?

Personally I don`t think so, as it would not be in their interest to do so ,now would it.

It would be very discouraging and potentially damaging to one`s faith in God`s protection of the faithful.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi everybody

A letter was read during the meeting this saturday

I don't remember the number of JW having the CoVid but

I remember 66 death in France cause by CoVid 19

:(

Best Regard and take care

• alanv
    alanv

Hopefully this will make many JWs realize that there is no protection whatsoever from their imaginary god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit