How To Heal a Sick Mind According to the Watchtower

by Sea Breeze 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Healing for Sickness of Mind

Many who are mentally and spiritually sick are not confined in mental institutions. Millions are held in restraint, however, in institutions of another kind, religious organizations.... By his prophet God expressed his disgust with such methods and those who practice them. He tells them their ceremonies are worthless, their prayers vain. (Is, 1:10) Those who would be well spiritually must “learn to do well.”

This Jehovah’s witnesses do and also delight to help others to do. During November Jehovah’s witnesses will continue to preach...from house to house... A curative, spiritually rich Bible-study aid book will be offered to all on a contribution of only 50c.

Be sure to share in the healing work.

w57 10/15 p. 640

So there you have it! Get out of your worthless religious organization and get into theirs and start selling "curative" Bible-study "aids".

Our ancestors fell for this snake oil?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The cure for anything is pray, study (literature-not bible), go to meeting, door to door.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Not so much sick in the head, but living at home with my psycho Jw parent was bad. One Sunday, I woke up sick as a dog and my prick of a father insisted that I go to the meeting. " Ooh, you'll feel better after the meeting!" I stayed home and had a neighbor friend take me to the local ER. I was so dehydrated that I was hospitalized for a day. Such a loving parent and care for for their child. What a wonderful witness!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

That was all I would get when things were bothering me...

...if I studied, associated, attended, witnessed, and prayed (i.e. followed the "Five Rules"), everything would be ok.

I soon learned very early on not to talk about things that bothered me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit