Unbelievable! Is this even allowed? Two elders from my hall RANDOMLY stopped by my apartment!

by macys 27 Replies latest jw friends

• macys
    macys

Ok wow. I am really REALLY pissed. I had to really hold back and bite my tongue. Today I am off from school sitting at home relaxing and watching movies on Netflix when suddenly the intercom rings. I answer it and an elder from my hall answers back "oh hi S we were just in the area and want to stop by to see how you are doing." I was like WTF? They have got to be kidding! So I just answer and tell them I am sick with the flu and can not come down to open up. Totally untrue but its "theocratic warfare." So they just say "hope you feel better see you tomorrow night" and leave. Uh what part of "I am sick don't you understand??" Do they think I will be better from the flu in one day? ARRRG! Makes me so mad!

Ok this is like totally unf**kingreal. I did not invite them over or ever say anything about them EVER making a random visit to my f***king apartment. I do not even know if they should be coming over since I am in the process of being reinstated! Now unless they were here to tell me I am reinstated then WTF is going on? I wrote my BF and he was pissed beyond hell. He thinks they were here to see if he was there or what I am doing on my day off. So now I am looking out the window to see if they are watching me. I know call me paranoid but I know others have had this happen. What should I do? Just ignore it?

Still these guys have no respect for privacy. I was just there on Sunday at the meeting 3 days ago. WTF do they want from me now? Just leave me the f**k alone!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    not all that uncommon actually, although agree that it's annoying.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think it is there form of getting their #'s up. They ran everybody off and now they are trying to get them back in. They can't recruit new ones so they are getting desperate.

Crazy bunch!

Hope ya feel better. wink wink

Keep up the "theocratic warfare." I use it too. lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I wrote my BF and he was pissed beyond hell.

He thinks they were here to see if he was there or what I am doing on my day off.

......................Image result for bingo logo

• macys
    macys

Really? But I am not reinstated yet. Are they allowed to make random stops by DF'd people? It really made me feel uncomfortable. That is low.

Hihi I leaned theocratic warfare from the best! Geofry Jackson!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Dropping in unannounced and claiming "they were just passing by" is one of JWs favourite weapons.

Catch you in an unguarded moment, have you at a disadvantage etc. I view these drop in visits as a kind of spiritual litmus test designed to gauge how hospitable and receptive you will be to them, so they can measure that all important spiritual "health." I hate them too, so intrusive and rude. Like the secret police turning up at the door.

Though, if you are trying to be reinstated it's not completely unexpected, that they would call in.

• naazira
    naazira
    Yes because it's memorial season.
  • steve2
    steve2

Well done in thinking on the spot macy! Even JWs with their "faith" in the new system and the resurrection don't want to catch the flu!

It's a tough one isn't it - because if you assert your right to privacy in the usual way, they will jump upon it, concluding you must be doing something wrong and, at best, you'll be 'marked' and at worst, subject you to more sly invasions of your privacy.

I can't quite remember what your current situation is, but if you are wanting to keep things sweet for the sake of still-in family and friends, you've got quite a road in front of you.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'm not sure why you keep acting surprised that this is "allowed." As far as I can tell the only time the elders are directed not to harass someone is if there's some legal aspect to it and they're trying to avoid liability or if someone's claimed that they'll commit suicide if the elders keep calling (which, I guess, really goes back to the legal liability thing). Since you're trying to get reinstated they're very likely to keep dropping by to see if they can get any dirt on you - they'll want to make sure that you're not still doing whatever you got DFed for, and they're not super likely to just take your word for it. Also, the memorial is coming up and lately it seems like the elders are being asked to call on DFed and inactive ones in preparation for the memorial/conventions/CO.

The unannounced call by 2 elders is the rule, not the exception. In most cases asking them to call before coming does not yield any results.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    If you are trying to be reinstated then you have a duty to impress them, so don't let that anger show. Apparently it is part of proving your repentance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit