Spotlight won Best Film

by Sugar Shane 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane
    During the post-awards interview, the director said that the story is not over. It's still ongoing. Could this have been a vieled jab at JWs, and/or a hint at a Spotlight Part 2?
  • Landy
    Landy
    It could have been a reference to anything.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Doing somersaults ! Now to broadcast it into the Dub community as a must-see! Vatican Radio, official radio service of the Holy See, called it "honest" and "compelling" and said it helped the U.S. Catholic Church "to accept fully the sin, to admit it publicly, and to pay all the consequences."[33] Luca Pellegrini on the Vatican Radio website wrote that the Globe reporters "made themselves examples of their most pure vocation, that of finding the facts, verifying sources, and making themselves—for the good of the community and of a city—paladins of the need for justice."[34] In February 2016, a Vatican City commission on clerical sex abuse attended a private screening of the film -

The Guardians of Doctrine will not react !

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    Interesting how the JWs will react when confronted with this film.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

I know a regular pioneer. Really lovely person, but since I faded the words bat s*** crazy comes to mind. She grew up in Ireland and witnessed multiple incidences of priest abuse. Also members of her own family have suffered. Yet, when the subject of how the WTBT$ deal with this she mutters "Jehovah's org is run by imperfect men ". This attitude infuriates me.

Oh they may watch this, but say to each other "this doesn't happen in our religion". Even when presented with evidence this pioneer didn't make the connection. I have never in my 59yrs witnessed such ignorant stupidity.Meh!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for hear no evil see no evil

Doc

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Yeah, he was saying the story is not over, because he was talking about JW's.

Some of you have your heads up you know where. Everything in the world does not revolve around Jehovah's Witnesses or your angst about them. You need to get out into the world, read some books, learn history, travel, get an education, and fill your life with things to do and that interest you. Stop obsessing about JW's with everything.

And if you knew anything about the Catholic Church child abuse scandal you'd know that this is the biggest child abuse scandal in the history of mankind. The surface hasn't even been scratched yet. If people knew the real extent of what happened they would find it hard to believe. So, yeah, wait until the big news about it drops. Then you won't be reading into things like this.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Any Jehovah's Witness in good standing will not view this film because it is R rated. Hence no discussion among the rank and file. I doubt the Governing Body(tm) would bother to 'screen' this film to see what is going on with the 'competition'. R rated films are off limits.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could this have been a veiled jab at JWs, and/or a hint at a Spotlight Part 2?

Probably said out to the fact that their other religious institutions that have been covering up child sexual abuse within their organizations as well.

The Catholic church as taken the most ardent endeavor out the lot to screen for any possible sexual predators at least in the most modernized countries.

JWS has recently taken the spotlight a bit as a priests in the Anglican church as well.

Lets just say the problem hasn't been completely resolved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit