Agenda in case of child abuse?

by Henriksen 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Henriksen
    Henriksen

I have recived a copy of a letter from the Danish branch office to all body of elders, dated May 15, 2003 in which there are given instructions how to act in case of an accusation of child abuse.

The Danish banch office claims the the Watchtower Society began working on this instruction for about 10 years ago.

Have someone heard about these instructions before?

Soren Henriksen

• mizpah
    mizpah

No, I've not heard anything about this. But I'm not surprised that the Watchtower Society would do this. It has made a concerted effort in the last year to go back to older articles in the Watchtower and Awake that dealt with abuse to try to demonstrate their policy against abuse was "long standing." It seems to be the strategy the Watchtower lawyers are now using in the courts.

However, "actions speak louder than words." The Watchtower Society is still disfellowshipping victims of abuse and their suppporters. While spending a lot of money for lawyers, nothing has been spent to help the victims. In a number of cases, the perpetrators remain in "good standing" in the congregations. And the victims are often re-victimized in the court systems.

It's apparent that the Watchtower Society is more interested in preserving itself and its financial assets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit