Hi everyone, just signed up here

by samj 24 Replies latest jw friends

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome Samj!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Hi Sam,

Welcome. Your marriage is in serious trouble, and given your opening piece doesn't seem that it will get better. Get ready.

You seem to like the shallow waters. Many here understand your situation, but prefer the deep waters.

Stay and read. You may be transformed. I know I was, even though I have been an atheist for almost 40 years. I am 51.

• undercover
    undercover
    still a regular attender and don't plan on leaving, I enjoy the friends I have, and being raised in the truth, it is a matter of being in a comfort zone,

Welcome. You'll find many who have similar background and experiences. I will caution you however - you will not find many here who "enjoy ... being raised in the 'truth' ". Most of us have left the JW faith. Some here have mentally left, but are trapped physically (family etc). Some have 'faded', slowly drifted away to be able to live their life on their terms. And some have taken a stand and disassociated themselves and have become outspoken against the WTS and some of it's practices.

I hope that doesn't scare you away, but that you take the time to explore, read experiences, research the claims and then chime in with your thoughts, and explain how being a JW is a comfort zone.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ samj:

Welcome to the forum!

"It seems like the wife and I are going in opposite directions spiritually."

You too huh?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi samj!

You realize this is "APOSTATE CENTRAL," don't you?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Nice to meet you samj. I faded very slowly and it was soooo painful. After a while I just couldn't stand being at the meetings and hearing the crap they spewed from the audience and platform.

I wish you the best of hanging around the dubs but being mentally free.

• DJS
    DJS

Sam,

Welcome! The only advice I have is to lose, as fast as you can, the loaded and meaningless JW language, including words like spiritual and truth.

When you do you will find your path forward much easier.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi samj! Welcome! Nice to have you here.

• kairos
    kairos

From experience, you'll need to lay out your life intentions clearly for your wife to hear and clearly understand. She'll decide if staying with you is possible. ( don't wonder. ASK!! )

Mine was: I'm NEVER going back and I have learned TTATT.
    I have touched in great detail on EVERY topic.

Our love for each other was great enough that she can accept that I am an apostate. I have learned to ignore her JW activities and lay off the attempts to de-program her. She says she's happy. I'm sure she is disappointed in my decision, yet she respects and accepts that it is my choice/life.

We spend lots of time together and are always planning a trip of some sort.

Focus on being good. To her and everyone.
    If you need to speak out about the horrors of WTBTS, don't let her stop you. If the love you share for each other is strong enough, she'll let you be, as you let her.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Sam and welcome.

I too operate under the radar, but mentally I am well 'out' . You will find this to be a very diverse group. Our only common ground is experience of the Witnesses.

If you are still a believer I hope you are not easily shocked....

Best of luck at home. My wife and I went through the trauuma of my demise , she is 100% in . Things settled though - eventuality . Now it is more peaceful at home than it ever was.

Keep posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit