Hi everyone, just signed up here

by samj 24 Replies latest jw friends

• samj
    samj

Hi, I just signed up. I'm 35, I've been baptized 20 years, married 15 years. It seems like the wife and I are going in opposite directions spiritually. I've been on a downward trend, and she is getting more spiritual, more prudish, and less fun overall. Any other jw husbands feel the same way? I was a servant for 5 years, pioneered for 2 years, I've made some mistakes and gone thru all that. And I've since made a few more and not told anyone. I'd like to make contacts with fellow jws who are maybe in similar situations or would like to share experiences. I'm still a regular attender and don't plan on leaving, I enjoy the friends I have, and being raised in the truth, it is a matter of being in a comfort zone, but I have dabbled in worldly, immoral ways on and off thru my years of being dedicated.

That's all for now though. Have a great day everyone!

• openheart
    openheart

Hello me too

• openheart
    openheart

Where are you located on this planet give or take a mile or two?

• millie210
    millie210

Hi, welcome!

There is a wide and diverse group here. I think you will find people who you can relate to. This is a wonderful place for that.

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Sam!

I'm still a regular attender and don't plan on leaving, I enjoy the friends I have, and being raised in the truth, it is a matter of being in a comfort zone, but I have dabbled in worldly, immoral ways on and off thru my years of being dedicated.

Does this concern you? Perhaps you found out like I did the the Watchtower's emphasis on will power was a dead end?

The Wt likes to quote the first part of Phil. 2: 12, but not vs. 13. But vs. 13 makes all the difference in the world.

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God works in those that make friends with him through the new covenant, the one we were taught to reject each memorial. It's a lot easier letting God do the heavy lifting.

Welcome aboard!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hello and welcome samj.

Please stay and take the time to get to know the locals who are all keen to share and support, and who come in a range of flavours and colours.

Greetings

Fernando

• samj
    samj

Thanks everyone! Openheart, I am in KY.

• Onager
    Onager

Hi samj,

Either the Organisation is right or it is wrong in what it teaches (you can't be partially right with divine stuff, it's an all or nothing deal). If the Organisation is right then what are you messing around at? If the Organisation is wrong, then it's your wife who is on a downward spiritual path just by following the Organisations teachings.

Cheers,
    Matt.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Our situations are very similar, I am 37, married 17 years, baptized at 15. She was uber dub while I was waking up a few years ago, she has changed a great deal and actually sees the org as out of whack now, its been a long, struggle, and everyone's is different. I never thought she would be the way she is now, and we had horrible horrible fights over all this in the past. Shoot me a message and we can talk.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This place is less about being immoral and more about being free and able to talk. I would say most of us are happier since leaving, and it's less about sinning and more about following the natural course of your own life, without the dictates of a marginal religion. Some of us are actually more spiritual than we used to be. Doesn't sound like that will be your natural inclination, which is ok.

You sound depressed. I'm sorry your marriage has taken a downturn. You followed the typical witness pattern, baptized young, married early. It's a lot of heavy life altering decisions at a young age.

Do you have kids?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit