Waking up - introduction

by Dreamerdude 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• kairos
    kairos

Nice to see you posting.

Waking up is painful and seeing people trapped in the cult is horrifying ( not happy-fying )

My story is full of pain, like many of us here.
    I have made some mistakes that outed me.
    Ended up DF'd for 'admitted apostasy'.

I make no apologies for honesty.
    My top advice is to only speak truth.

If asked a question, respond calmly and slowly.
    Insist that your listener addresses the topic.

Pick your battles. You do not compromise your own personal integrity by choosing to remain silent on whatever subject you choose.

---

I left about three years ago.
    My wife and I are closer than ever, yet she remains a JW.

She's at the WT study as I type this.

Stay focused and positive.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Welcome from Santiago, CL :D

I just want to say that I love your avatar image!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Dreamerdude!

That's what woke my wife briefly, until she was able to rationalize that he is just an imperfect human.

And that is now a line you can repeat after anything they say or publish, "the GB are just imperfect humans."

I was slapped wide awake by the notorious Tony Tight Pants Rant at the Annual Meeting.

With all the problems in the world and in the organization, Tony addressed this as problem #1 that deserved attention. In honor of the fact that this was what slapped you awake, I suggest this as your exJW theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUvOtqTmYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qdNy_vz-gM

"I was talking to Tony Morris the other day and he declared my pants the tightest in all the land!"

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome Dreamerdude! We so identify with you and encourage you to bear up.

The commom JW excuse about the Governing Body (e.g., "They're just imperfect humans") doesn't wash when JWs are reminded that to doubt what these "imperfect humans" say is tantamount to doubting Jehovah Himself.

It's not so much their brazen imperfection that gets me (who can deny they're imperfect?), it's the pressure to obey these imperfect men - history is littered with dismal examples of obedience to "mere" humans.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Kairos, thank you for the sound advice. I read your posts in silence for the past year, as I lurked, and know you have been through hell.

The fact that you have maintained a solid relationship with you wife brings gives me added hope. Some of the happiest "sisters" I have known over the years are some ladies who had "unbelieving mates", to use their loaded language. Maybe I can have a very happy wife, as a disbelieving mate.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

mandrake, thanks. I pulled my avatar from a crazy Rutherford book. It's supposed to be a clean shaven Jesus after being baptized by John the Baptist, a guy the Bible says never shaved his beard. To me it represents Rutherford's irrational hatred of beards and also an image of Jesus very detached from what the Bible teaches about him.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Mandrake, may the star and stripes, the red, white and blue, fly proudly over all the Kingdom Halls in Chile!

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Billy, thanks for the great theme song. As you pointed out, there are so many more important things to talk about than mundane fashion. That particular day I was hoping to hear something positive, and not some fat old guy insulting young people.

I really like the question you posed about how kangaroos made it from Mount Ararat to Australia. I always wondered how turkeys made it to America and nowhere else.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Steve2, I totally agree with what you said about the GB. I could put up with the foolishness they spout, if they didn't insist that my life depends on believing whatever their current collective opinion is. They are beyond arrogant.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Dreamerdude, it seems that they are not hanging the flag for national holiday anymore, at least here on Santiago I couldn't cath any hall with it :( let's hope we have butter luck this year !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit