Waking up - introduction

by Dreamerdude 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

As your fade continues you may be asked what's changed in your life. Don't you believe this is God's chosen religion? Or you seem so different.

Do you have a moment to join me and the other Brother Elder in the back room?

Apart from avoiding that little conversation it would serve you well to have an unassailable position staked out. At this time it would be the Child sex abuse cases that are emerging. Blame it on ARC for exposing the problem and how sad it was to hear from the victims...........the Elders, Branch Elders and even a GB member all under sworn oath to learn that from 1950 up to the present time no one had informed the authorities that children had been sexually abused.

They got away with their crimes by denying their crime and because there wasn't another Eye Witness. Did Jesus really mean to apply the two witness rule to young children? Didn't he say in Matt 19: 13 Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

That old canard 'wait on Jehovah' doesn't work with sexual child abuse victims.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

May I add my welcome, Dreamerdude..I guess we were all dreamers back in the day. I still am , in a way - a bit of an idealist (which is why I really believed that the WTBS lived up to what it preached ) and I too dream of getting my wife to let the scales fall away from her eyes and see TTATT clearly.

It is hard , she can see everything that is wrong with it as an organization, often their fiercest critic (in private) but ..."It is the truth, isn't it, warts and all" , she will say....

Keep posting..

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Wanna exit, thanks. I do have hope. My wife has a truly beautiful authentic personality, so I try not to bring out her cult personality. I sometimes watch her in the morning as she is sleeping, then as she wakes up. She is so beautiful. I imagine how it will be when she is fully awake.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Pixel, thank you. I really respect your skills and how you, wifi, and others keep us so well informed about JWland. I am now more fully informed about WT than I have ever been. I thrive on verifiable data.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Giordano, thanks for the rational talking points. I will remember that if cornered. My position is similar to Freemindfade, I believe that everyone has a right to their own beliefs. I have also recently adopted the definition of lying from the January wash towel, for those kinds of questions. They don't deserve to know what I really believe. In other situations, I still follow the definitions in the Webster and Cambridge dictionaries.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    BluesBrothers, thanks. Go Elwood and Jake! I will probably always be an idealist as part of my authentic personality. But the taste of reality is not so bad.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome DD!

• jaydee
    jaydee

Good for you..............

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Wr3XydtMLYj2MWLA_-VjzFX6mwbLhbUpP6YzZaZoZmpX_AExPw

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Welcome from Cape Town - South Africa !

Also a teenager of the 70's era now 60 years old - should have been sipping wine under my vine stroking my pet Lion by now right ! ............................ah well life is better now !

Stay strong !

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Tenacious and Jayden, thanks for the welcome.

Zappa, thanks for the webcam shot from South Africa. Your post made appreciate the opportunity I have to drink wine and stroke my pets now, and not worry about becoming their prey.

Thanks to all for greetings from around the world. This is is the best International Convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit