Waking up - introduction

by Dreamerdude 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome Dreamerdude - You're in the best place here. Some very intelligent and caring people.

Farkel was my fav poster yrs. back and his posts were always great. Stay tuned -- there's many great topics here.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Dreamerdude

G`day mate and welcome to the TTATT. Obviously you have been lurking for a long time and i`m glad you have taken the step to post.

Posters from all over the world here do offer words of wisdom sadly lacking at J.W. H.Q.`s

I wish you well as far as your wife is concerned in waking up , we all have different experiences as to what woke us up.

Their is always hope.

Take care

smiddy

• freddo
    freddo

Welcome Dreamerdude from the UK!

Now I don't want to be overly optimistic but if your wife is willing to express concerns about GJ at the ARC and being told where to live in Paradise then that is very encouraging.

Often we hear about spouses either literally or metaphorically putting their hands over their ears and screaming or going "lalalala!- I can't hear you!" or running to the elders.

I believe you have a good chance here - but you must fill the vacuum left by leaving this cult - is it friendships/resurrection hope or paradise which holds her?

Think it through - plan treats together and take your time - we all know Armageddy isn't coming soon!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Another welcome from the UK here Dreamerdude. Thanks for letting us know that ridiculous tight pants talk woke you up. I have hope it's done the same for others. I'm glad the ARC made your wife want to stop contributing, that's a very good sign.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Dubstepped, I was encouraged to read how you and your wife walked out together. My wife shows signs of waking up, so I hope we can make a clean break together. Maybe the loyalty convention will do it for us.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    LosaRose, the tight pants rant did upset a few people around me. Young people who wear stylish slacks or yoga pants do not need to be berated like that. Many were there to be encouraged, but got kicked in the teeth instead.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Life is short, yes the waking up process is hard to understand. I still feel drowsy.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

LV101, yes, there are many intelligent people here. Also brave and caring people. When I feel down, I read a Farkel thread and take a look at Alfred E. Neuman.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Smiddy, yes I have been lurking for over a year. I am cautious and methodical by nature. That is my authentic personality. I finally feel I can make a positive contribution and really benefit from joining the dialog.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Freddo, that is a good point about the the need to understand what holds my wife captive. I need to understand that better. I think it's the dream of Paradise. It's such a beautiful carrot. Being told she won't even have freedom there raised her hackles. I need to explore that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit