Waking up - introduction
- Joe, reality does suck. thanks for the advice about watching my health. I have actually been feeling better the past year, being very conscious of sleep, exercise, and diet. I even feel closer to my wife. I feel a lot of empathy for her, and I have told her many times that I love her no matter what we each think of the org.
Hybrid, I will try not to rush, since there is a lot at stake. Farkel,has left a very nice legacy here, and I hope his levity will rub off on me.
- Millie, I'm starting to feel more comfortable already.
- Talesin, 1975 suppressed memories have flooded back. I thought I had dodged a bullet when October 3, 1975 passed with me still unbaptized. I took the plunge at the next assembly.
- Ding, great advice. I really do need patience, as the KJ urges, more so than long-suffering from the outdated NWT. She actually picks out things that never bothered me a bit. One example is when the WT tried to insinuate that they would dictate where we live and and what work we will do in Paradise. My wife thought that is one thing she had control of. She was really distraught, so I told told her that it was not their place to tell us what to do. That was a bit too much for her. I should have said "Maybe you're right".
- OTWO, thanks. Yes, I am looking at the man in the mirror, to quote brother MJ as he quotes James. I have taken a close look at your posts to see what I can do. There are some gems there. I hope to see you at Tahoe some day. That will be my Paradise.
I wonder how many found 2014 to be the end for them. My wife and I quit altogether after day one of our international conventions in Indianapolis. We left about 3/4 of the way through with my wife in tears and me angry. The relief felt after walking out was instantaneous, and we never returned. It still took until September of 2015 for us to officially disassociate. We had started doubting years before, but the idiocy spewed at that first day, then Tony's ridiculous remarks, the ARC hit, it was just a year of gut punches to one finally waking up. Not to mention the passive aggressive assertion that 2014 could have been our final memorial. I could see when that was written that it was control wrapped in false hope.
I'm sorry that your wife isn't along for the journey yet. We all have to do things on our own time. Good for you though, and welcome to the forum!
Welcome dreamer dude.
Good to hear the tight pants Tony rant woke you up, there was a lot of speculation at the time that it would have that effect.
Good luck on waking your wife, it is possible, though no easy thing.
You are amongst friends here. A genuine community of people who "get it"...yes, we understand completely!
Feel free to share in the healing process with us all!
Welcome I am also in my early 50's and my husband is still, though there is talk that they might DF him for not saying hi enough to some of the elders. Crazy
I wish I knew what would wake someone up but I have finally come to realize that you have to do it on your own.
Glad you are here.