Costs Associated with a Regular Size smaller rink Assembly Public Owned

by truthlover123 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Just came from the one day -- like to call it that cause everything is a changin.... this question would be directed to someone who worked in accounts for an assembly of maybe 1700 in attendance (recently) in a small town, about 2 hours from a main city.

The accounts report was read and it was a stunner..... I guess I could call the location and see how much it costs to rent this arena for a day and see but I was wondering why would they send a large amount of monies to the WT and say we are short on contribution???

Anyb ody know - I do know about monies going for child abuse court problems they are having - latest one in Canada where there us a class action suit being brought by Trey Bundy... plus the so called out of court settlements worldwide.. ARC, Britain, etc...so I know that end of it - just wondering why they are sucking /lying to support the WWW...

• sir82
    sir82

Circuit assemblies are held in order to accumulate contributions to be forwarded to Bethel.

The GB have decreed that for all circuit assemblies in the USA, there is a $10 fee per publisher assigned to attend the assembly. That amount used to be far less - I think maybe $4 a head. They raised it to $10 maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

So, say at the assembly you refer to, 1600 publishers from 16 congregations were assigned. The WTS demands a payment of $16,000 from the circuit account at the conclusion of the assembly.

Actual attendance is irrelevant. Actual "expenses" (which are probably a few hundred dollars) are even less important.

$10 a head - that is the beginning and the end of why circuit assemblies are held.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Interesting. Why doesn't the WTBT$ just tell their members that there's a $10 fee to attend? I'm sure their members will comply with their "god given direction." What they are doing is lying and deceiving. Is it even necessary? I thought the WTBT$ itself said that JWs should always be honest? They were right about one thing though. Religion is a snare and a ratchet!

• sir82
    sir82

Why doesn't the WTBT$ just tell their members that there's a $10 fee to attend? I'm sure their members will comply with their "god given direction." What they are doing is lying and deceiving. Is it even necessary?

Every circuit assembly has an elders-only "business meeting" where they go over the accounts. At each and every one, they vehemently and explicitly warn the elders to NEVER!!! (yes, they speak in bold with exclamation points) mention the $10 a head to ANYONE.

Never could figure out why it was such a high level, "I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you"-level secret.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APb1RpfjCrA

Just love to listen to JT explain the reason why

• steve2
    steve2

"Religion is a snare and a racket."

(Joe "Judge" Rutherford, 2nd President of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (1919-1942).

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I was account servant for a few years and we rented a public place. The per publisher amount is not required when renting a place. We'd pay about $1,000 per day for the rental. At the elders business meeting after expenses were explained, the elders would decide how much to send to send to headquarters. One thing I always thought was strange is that the elders had to determine a specific amount to send. It couldn't be a percentage of the money that remained after local expenses. This applied even if we were in debt at the moment.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Why doesn't the WTBT$ just tell their members that there's a $10 fee to attend?

It would be the same thing alright, but Watchtower has always made a big deal of the 'Admission is Free, No Collections taken' type of promotion. I believe this goes back to C.T. Russell's time and continues to today. (Below is a typical invitation - from N.H. Knorrs's era.)

So to get money they have to get sneaky about it and charge a per-publisher fee that average publishers have no idea that they are paying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit