A Novel Featuring the Millerites, Charles Taze Russell, and Their End Time Prophecies

by DT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, DT:

I remembered this from previous research, and, although possibly known to you already, you may find it interesting. There's always a term to describe everything literary, so it seems!

Best,

CoCo

Setting the story within the context of a multiverse allowed me to leave the existing mythology of Sparlock mostly unchanged while presenting dramatic events in a parallel world that expand upon those themes. However, the multiverse isn't just a plot device. The idea of traveling to other realms or worlds is integral to many of the myths and legends that appear in the novel.

RETCON
    noun
    1. 1.
      (in a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.
      "we're given a retcon for Wilf's absence from Donna's wedding in ‘The Runaway Bride’: he had Spanish Flu"
    verb
    1. 1.
      revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
      "I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned"
  • FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Oh thanks I've just downloaded a copy. Will look forward to reading it, it sounds brilliant!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Read it, enjoyed it. It had gave the impression of good research. The plot was good. All together a good read.

• DT
    DT
    FeelingFree and Slidin Fast,

Thank you for the comments and words of encouragement.

Compound Complex,

Yes, that does describe much of what I tried to do with the novel.

Something that kept coming up in my research was a number of Bible characters who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Later, there are indications and predictions in the Bible and elsewhere that these characters will return around the time of the end. I played around with these ideas and offered some fictional explanations for what was going on behind the scenes.

Of course, Rutherford also predicted the return of the ancient worthies. I plan on incorporating that in the second book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit