A Novel Featuring the Millerites, Charles Taze Russell, and Their End Time Prophecies
- I wanted to let you know that I'm giving away the ebook version of The Great Apocalypse on Amazon until April 8th.This philosophical thriller deals with several themes that will be familiar to former Jehovah's Witnesses. Please feel free to download a copy if you have not yet done so.
- Iread this last year, it was brilliant, like Indiana Jones, X files, Da Vinci code rolled into one. A lot of fun, excitement and mystery, but still poignant and food for thought. Look forward to the sequel.
- Neat blue dog, thank you for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'm working hard on the sequel, but it will take a while. The second book will examine the influence and teachings of Joseph Rutherford and will feature action scenes in a variety of exotic locations and dark deeds from the distant past.
- Intrigueing . . . BTW do you sell on the Google play store as well?
- For now, I'm distributing the book exclusively through Amazon. That allows me to run special promotions and have the book available in their lending library. However, I plan to eventually change my marketing plan and also sell the book on the other popular sites.
- This is the last day of the free promotion, so there is still some time to grab a copy.
Apart from the link, further information regarding the background and motivation behind this great book (I've read it) would be appreciated. It's always useful to know the backstory.
- Thank you, compound complex.As for backstory, this novel has had numerous sources of inspiration. The infamous "Summer of Sparlock" in 2012 caused me to begin to think about some of the themes I would later use in the book. As I did further research, I learned of how many of these ideas have permeated our myths, legends, and symbolism throughout history.I discovered a purple-clad rebel from Jewish legend who reminded me of Sparlock the Warrior Wizard. This rebel also appears in the Bible and Gnostic writings and has had an important influence over significant historical events such as the Protestant Reformation. I even discovered that two of the characters associated with his story were named Caleb and a Sophia. I couldn't help but to have some fun with these odd coincidences.Setting the story within the context of a multiverse allowed me to leave the existing mythology of Sparlock mostly unchanged while presenting dramatic events in a parallel world that expand upon those themes. However, the multiverse isn't just a plot device. The idea of traveling to other realms or worlds is integral to many of the myths and legends that appear in the novel.In addition to exploring certain aspects of cultural and religious history, the three novels of the Sparlock Trilogy will take a sequential look at the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses. The first book focused on the predictions of the Millerites and Charles Taze Russell. The second book will introduce Joseph Rutherford, and the third book will include later developments in the organization.Well, that's a general overview. I also did an author interview where I discussed the backstory of the novel in greater depth.
Thank you, DT; this is wonderful!
I'm running another free promotion on Amazon. The ebook version will be free until Friday, July 1.