Religion is just like Advertising!

by stuckinarut2 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A thought occurred to me today, that Religion is just like a clever Marketer or Advertiser.

First , a "problem" is created, then the Advertiser offers the "solution"!

Religion does the same! First the problem is raised : "Life is meaningless now and for all eternity without God / Religion". Or your life will end if you don't have "God in your life".

So, here you are: "We can present the only "solution"..."

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

As Rutherford was known to have said: "Advertise! Advertise! Advertise!" Lol.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Spot on.

Problem: You are a sinner/imperfect

Solution: Ransom, you can become perfect

Problem: Mortality is difficult to confront

Solution: Don't confront it, have immortality

Problem: Life is to varying degrees difficult, human nature and society is complex

Solution: Here are simple potted answers to everything so you don't have to think to hard

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

And like advertisers, they provide beautiful conceptual art to entice you. See this beautiful bun, with fluffy lettuce encasing a juicy hamburger patty. When you get it and open the wrapper, it looks like someone sat on it.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 I agree. It's not right that organizations such as WT hold a charitable status when evidently, it's all business. Faith is a product, and it has its own market since not everyone requires this particular product. Hence, the organization SHOULD be taxed like all other secular businesses.

• waton
    waton

advertisers now spin a story that you can latch on to, that resonates with you. but the advertiser/ agency is just a front for the company/business behind it.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Exactly!! . Religion is nothing but advertising. Especially Christianity and specifically those who go door to door. Like selling cosmetics.

At least if you buy or sell cosmetics, you get some tangible benefits!!!

Why does God need advertising? Only sloppy products do need advertising

• waton
    waton

There is even a news item, on CBC Canada that talks about an ant-aging cream, advertisers offer a free trial period, but you have to give credit card info for the shipping, but the you find out, that the trial is for 2 weeks, but you signed up for a never ending subscription (unless you cancel), but you hardly can find the cancel clause in the original presentation. Surprise, sounds like a deceptive, hard to leave religion that promise anti-aging processes too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well put Doubtfull1799!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit