Jehovah's Witnesses admit child sex abuse by Elders

by Not_Culty 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Not_Culty
  • Caminante
    Caminante
    The 1986 Watchtower article speaks about certain Governing Body members who had to resign due to rumored sinful practices: Leo Greenlees and Ewart Chitty.
  • belogical
    belogical

I guess that's where chitty chitty bang bang came from

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Caminante: Though the watchtower probably refers to this guy, it never mentioned his name. In fact, he is the only GB member who left the group without them saying anything about it. No where did they tell the rank and files: Leo Greenless is no longer a member of the GB. No where.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Homosexuality? Wife swapping? You call that abominable? I wonder how many of those hounders do this abuse (and virtually every other form of abuse, including physical) to take advantage of their position and the ability to throttle salvation if the children do not cooperate. And yet, they bash regular fornication, adultery (where both parties consent and know what is going on), and homosexuality.

The washtowel has to go. Along with all the other xian and islam denominations, and judaism to boot. All of them have to go.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"The 1986 Watchtower article speaks about certain Governing Body members who had to resign due to rumored sinful practices".

Not in anyone's defense but I don't believe that 1986 article gave any names or stated anything about "certain Governing Body members".

It's not right to refer to something that may be assumed but is NOT written. I think it said, "prominent ones" and did not name names. There have been many "prominent ones" who were not Gov Body members in addition to the non prosecuted and non-convicted persons named by Caminante. Lurkers may look up the reference and see that assumptions are being read as quoted material, thus losing any faith in the comments found here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit