Is the Pioneer School being eliminated?

by wannaexit 42 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not sure whether or not it's being eliminated,but I know they have reduced it to one week It now includes the weekend. It used to be Monday-Friday for two weeks.

I really don't know how some of the pioneers were able to take off work.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The pioneer school is not a high cost item for them to put in, so I doubt it will be stopped. Maybe shortened or format-changed.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I don't understand why they even have a designation such as "Pioneer".
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think BOHM is onto something, although I would have phrased it like this:

Perhaps some kind of online "learning"?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    think BOHM is onto something, although I would have phrased it like this:

Perhaps some kind of online "learning"?

I was thinking the same thing. With all the emphasis on videos, I wouldn't be surprised if the training will be something online.

I went to pioneer school in the very early eighties and didin't learn a whole lot. I remember feeling a little empty after it was all said and done. The only plus was that once I got back, the congregation treated me like a celebrity.

This is one the reasons why some pioneer, so that they can go to pioneer school. I hear this all the time.

If they do end up eliminating the school, I beleive there are going to be less pioneer enrollments.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I believe that the designation of pioneer with a time requirement was to qualify then as full time ministers. It was all about presenting a record for the draft board. Just my theory.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    I can see both the pioneer school and the school for elders going online with the GB, GB helpers, or Gilead school instructors providing the content. They can provide passwords to individuals to watch at home or they can screen it in local kingdom halls to small groups but there would be no need to have a CO present. It frees up the CO for a week but the big draw for the GB is that it also eliminates any interpretation and personal opinions from being inserted into the curricula by the local instructors. Every one of these things that I've attended was mostly personal opinions and pet peeves of the instructors. Most of these guys have been going pretty far afield from the outline from HQ, and this is a simple way to stop it and homogenize the message.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Socrateswannabe: Every one of these things that I've attended was mostly personal opinions and pet peeves of the instructors

Same for me.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    it was fun to organise all the lunch things for the brothers, I ate very well those days. also i ran some kind of business taking the "graduation" picture for everyone and crafting some kind of diplome with those and framing it, it was very useful "summer money" and I became me well know in my city for that kind of work
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Yeah what Socrates and Magnum said. It was just the COs giving their personal opinions as dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit