Funny what will trigger a memory!

by DwainBowman 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    https://i.imgflip.com/42ws6j.jpgFunny what will trigger a memory!
    I spent the night at my best friends house back in 72, I was 13. He had a stack of Sears and Penny's catalog's stashed under his bed. In them he had the women's under wear pages all marked!! Neither of us had seen a girl with a bush yet, and wondered why the heck their undines looked so funny. Being we both had sister's we had seen them naked many time's growing up, but still had no clue!! A copula of week later his mom found his stack.! His dad wasn't in the "truth" and he wasn't baptized or anything! His mother took all of his catalog's with her to the next meeting. Sammy had no ideal that she was going to drag him into the back room, to meet with the elders, (I'm not sure if that arrangement was in place yet) They jumped all over him. At the next meeting, witch was his last, they publicly marked him as a bad example, and had a talk about how to treat these people!! So his mom's stupidity back fired on her!! When he told his dad what had happened, he said that Sammy wasn't ever going back to the KH if that how they treated young boy's for being curious, his son would have nothing to do with it! And Sammy never again walked into a KH! When his sister found out what had happened, she refused to ever go again as well!!
    We lived a block away, I had to sneak around to see him. I lost touch with him a couple of years later, but ran into him three years ago, on a trip to that area. I wish we could have stayed connected all those years!!!
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

When he told his dad what had happened, he said that Sammy wasn't ever going back to the KH if that how they treated young boy's for being curious, his son would have nothing to do with it! And Sammy never again walked into a KH! When his sister found out what had happened, she refused to ever go again as well!!

That's the best story I've ever heard!

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'd love to buy that dad a drink and shake his hand! Now that's standing up for his kid. Good for him!

• Biahi
    Biahi

That’s a great story!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ˜­

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit