OMG, My 18 Nephews & Nieces Are Such Creative Double Life JWs

by TMS 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• TMS
    TMS

To briefly state this: We were hardcore JWs, my siblings, my wife and her two sisters. We have 18 nieces and nephews among us from late 20's to 55. Only one is a card-carrying, practicing JW and he's had his problems.

What's hilarious, is that most of the 18 in the next generation would still identify themselves as JWs to the rest of the family, but ALL are leading double lives extraordinaire, doing exactly what they want to do.

Most would be honest with me and have been. They know my position and that I have no interest in causing them congregational difficulty or upsetting their financial support from their oblivious parents. Most use substances from marijuana to heroine, sleep with whoever they wish and do not believe in JW dogma.

They laugh at their parent's silly adherence to this high-control religion and those who have children are not bringing them up as JWs.

• freddo
    freddo

Well it just proves this little cult is rotting from the inside out.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I have several friends in their 40's and 50's doing the same thing.

The problem is that I have lost respect (not love) for them...... I don't understand being fake .....why do it??

• pbrow
    pbrow

..... and those who have children are not bringing them up as JWs.

This is ALL that matters. Born ins are truly fucked from the start and have the biggest uphill battle in getting out of this group.

Good for them!

pbrow

• Gefangene
    Gefangene
    The problem is that I have lost respect (not love) for them...... I don't understand being fake .....why do it??

Many of us have a lot of reasons to be fake. Not everyone has reached that point where they feel totally free to break free from this cult as you may have by now. They are in big turmoil and the least they need is to be judged from others

• Clearview
    Clearview

I used to do the double life thing pretty hard in my late teens and early 20s, its what led to my unintentional fade together with my ex-wife. Plenty of drinking, smoking, weed, (no heroin, no way) I was known as bad association by all the other teenagers/early 20s though lol. In my early through mid teens I just kept waiting to "grow up" and start liking meetings and service and actually wanting to do it. That never happened and well, here I am lol

• millie210
    millie210

The religion is encouraging this by its own actions. Harshly penalizing people for things that should be handled in families privately, controlling (or attempting to) all aspects of life, only encourages double lives.

The comment above about the religion rotting from the inside out couldnt be more true.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Berlin wall, here we come!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit