New June Awake with Misleading Statements about Evidence for god

by ttdtt 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Typical straw man argument techniques used by the writers....

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    stuckinarut2 To clarify, used by writers who can't prove their argument with any real evidence, and so must resort to ingenuine ways to get their point across.
    I still have a hard time understanding how the person can write that and not have some conflict about it?

I remember going nuts when I was writing a talk for the hall or a convention and stuff did not add up. I usually ended up ditching that point and making one I had some basis for.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    And kodos for you OneEyedJoe! Guess you had a CO visit recently?

Nah, it just always stuck out as stupid that they would cite how pleasing variety is as proof of god (or his love, as the case may be) when variety is also direct evidence that the biblical flood account is inaccurate.

That and a lot of species of apples are really grainy and not very good. The variety is equal proof of a loving god as it is proof of an asshole god that tries to trick us by making some of the apples good and some of them gross.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Wanting something to be true doesn't mean that it is.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has always purposed that to get a true understand of god and of accurate bible interpretation, that one has to learn and be taught "only" by them and them alone.

What this really comes down to it is a self promoting marketing scam, for people to read their literature and and to eventually become a public sales representative in distributing their literature.

Realistically you could say Jehovah's Witnesses are actually dedicated avowed employees for the Watchtower Corporation.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

How about the Chinese JW "college professor" they keep putting in the magazines about evolution. Don't the readers think he looks familiar? He would really have an unbiased opinion on the matter.

Next article - "The pope believes in the trinity" news at 11

• Satan
    Satan

That's because they think the reason people don't believe in god is because they "are confused and haven't met Jehovah." or "See all the bad stuff happening and think there is no god."

They think they are soooo smart and that those dumb scientists haven't figured out that evolution is false because a bomb in an junkyard won't make an airplane so monkeys can't fly therefore big bang is just a theory.

• Satan
    Satan

reply to ttdtt

Because chinese all look the same so people won't notice, that's why they keep putting it in every awake mag.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Glad it's in the awake less chance anyone will read it.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

God is real because when I pray 50% of the time the thing I pray for comes true. The other 50% of the time the country song of Garth Brooks comes true and I thank God for unanswered prayers.

Therefore God exists.

Amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit