Study Article for 29th May 2016 "Jehovah's Guidance"

by BluesBrother 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this is up already and I missed it , - apologies....

Today's study article ,from March Study WT , is entitled " Jehovah Guides His People In The Way Of Life"....theme is Is. 30.21 " And your own ears will hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way. Walk in it,” in case you should go to the right or in case you should go to the left"

Article describes the leadership God has given over the years ,examples are Moses & the law, Jesus ,then First Century Apostles. Now the crux:-

Par 15] Especially since the appointment of “the faithful and discreet slave,” Jesus has provided his people with spiritual food at the proper time. (Matt. 24:45-47) This food has included vital directions in response to new circumstances.
    Par 17 & 18] We need to employ the preaching tools provided by God’s organization. Do you desire to do that? Are you alert to the guidance given at our meetings on how we can use these tools and how to do so most effectively? Do you view these directions as guidance from God?
    18 Indeed, to keep receiving God’s blessing, we need to pay attention to all the directions provided through the Christian congregation. Having an obedient spirit now will help us to follow directions during the “great tribulation,” which will eliminate Satan’s entire evil system. (Matt. 24:21) Thereafter, we will need new directions for new world living on an earth totally free of any satanic influence.

What? When they "suggest" the use of videos etc in the Ministry it is Guidance from God, elevating their ideas to being on a par with Moses and the Apostles ??? . They must be joking !

I know several older ones who firmly resist such developments and deplore the use of them in their meetings. Now they are told they are resisting "God's " guidance. If you stick to a paper based worship and study these days you have been a dinosaur who resists change... Now you are a resister of The one they all do love- Jehovah himself ....

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

BluesBrother. You are spot on with your comments.

The GB can now apply this principle across the board.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I find it interesting when you confront JW's with what seems like a very clear teaching such as Jehovah killing all non-JW's, or the GB's direction being treated on par with the word of God......that they go through mental gymnastics to avoid having to cop to this.

I can't figure out if they don't want to admit it, or are simply engaging in self deception.

• millie210
    millie210

Interesting that there is no scripture with this.

quote:

to keep receiving God’s blessing, we need to pay attention to all the directions provided through the Christian congregation.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When I was in the "back room", I asked the Eldubs, " So when a mistake is made and something incorrect is printed in the WT, perhaps for decades, was it the GB or Jesus who made the mistake?"

How does a JW know if the are following "God's" guidance, or the ideas of human religious gurus?

DD

• stillin
    stillin

Look, if the golden calf starts to speak, who am I to say that it isn't God?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

wt August 15, 2014, page 5

• Heaven
    Heaven

Jehovah Guides His People In The Way Of Life

This evidently includes thousands of pedophiles. Jehovah is an a$$hole!

• blondie
    blondie

Proper direction

Clear instructions

Eve listed to a lowly animal...how perfect was she

New circumstances..not kill humans or eat blood

Clear guidelines....changed circumstances...false worship protection...Law protective wall

Directions needed for the coming of the Messiah

Preserve genealogical line

Christians benefit from guidelines given in the Law to Israel...underlying principles

Commit adultery...adultery in your heart

New or expanded instructions

Further expanded...Gentiles

Love...rather surrender life for brothers...self-sacrificing

New circumstances today I-pad carts, website, website sign on KH signs

WTS shows 1st century carrying scrolls in bags from door to door

• prologos
    prologos

Jesus has provided his people with spiritual food at the proper time. (Matt. 24:45-47) It is all His fault, like the whole "God's Kingdom Rules " book shows. Enjoy the study to come! and: thanks blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit