Jehovah loves "even rounded numbers" or could this be a way to disprove the inspiration of the Bible?

by notjustyet 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Now we know why the 1975 wt prophesy, (start of the millennium paradise) was not favored with jehovah's support. it is not an even, rounded-off number. so: David Splane used freddy franz for his overlap projection, who died in 1992, ~ 100 years old, and an overlapper like him, would get us to 2075!.-- no make that 2074. better use 1990/2070 rounded off, turned off?

• Heaven
    Heaven

If Jehovah loves even round numbers, why did he create fractions (like blood fractions too ), irrational and odd numbers? Come to think of it, negative and prime numbers also seem a bit dodgy.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Kudos for thinking of this for an OP!

So damn true!

I'm gonna retain this point in the memory banks.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Eh, rounded numbers are the least of my issues with the Bible.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

The least of my issues with the bible is trying to find out how far apart the columns were that Sampson supposedly pushed to make the temple fall down. Ha, the rounded numbers are not far above this.

The reason that I think that this could be worthy is that it could help a person come to the conclusion that the bible itself is not REALLY inspired by an all knowing entity and that it COULD possibly be the writings of man.

If and when you can get a person to grasp that, you do not have to deconstruct the beliefs, doctrines etc from a Jw or other believer as if this is false, then what else could be false?

Its purely pointed at the claim for inspiration of the Bible.

I have plenty of other issues but this can be used at the right time with the right person, possibly.

Notjustyet aka ScummyDross.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I think you should read this. After reading this, I think you will be pretty sure that all of the numbers in the Bible are made up bullshit.

Look at the differences in ages in the genealogies of Genesis between the Masoretic text and the Septuagint:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogies_of_Genesis

• prologos
    prologos

how about the number 100? figured big with the wtBIBLEtsociety, when they celebrated 100 years of kingdom rule, the enthronement, but jehovah obviously did not share their enthusiasm, showing that by not providing any fireworks at all in 2014, but wait, another anniversary is coming up, 2019, 100 years of F&DSlave. feeding;--- chucks, the start was on an uneven date:-- 1919.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yet another nail in the coffin / straw to break the camels back etc....

All that believers can say is : " well, the bible says it is inspired of God and true, so it MUST be true!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

fastJehu - "...so, JWs believe that the logical order is inspired..."

There's a logical order? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit