Any Kiwis Here?

by Wild_Thing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Wild thing pm me any questionsI'm only to happy to help you. Karter

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Thanks, guys! I will pm you with questions. I've never been to the other side of the planet before and am very excited!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I guess I do have one big question for everyone that I will put there ...

What part of the country is the best part to stay for a first timer? Mind you ... I am not into touristy stuff or hotels. I would prefer to rent a place off of airbnb. I found one place I really like. It's close to Tahuna beach. I want to explore both islands while I'm there, so I was thinking right in the middle of the two islands would be great, but having never been there ... not sure.

• karter
    karter

Wild thing the south island for the scenery is 2nd to none picture post card around every corner but July can be a little cold check out the weather online. There are more people in auckland than the south island. The beach you mentioned is in Nelson a very nice spot I went hiking iaround the lakes there Queenstown is the most popular spot and check out Kaikura for whale watching fell free to ask anything. Karter

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Kiwi here.

But I live in sunny/warm Brisbane Australia

GO THE ALL BLACKS

• Onager
    Onager

Not a Kiwi personally, although I went listening for Kiwi's in Arthur's Pass on the South Island. South Island all the way for me. Hopewell hostel in Abel Tasman National Park was a stand out memory. Arthurs Pass has the most expensive toilet in the world I believe. Well worth a visit. Christchurch was beautiful the first time we visited and then somewhat earthquake damaged the second time and I think they've been walloped again since but those busy Kiwis are probably on top of sorting it out.

Can't recommend South island highly enough!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Awesome! I will be messaging all of you! Thanks for being willing to be a contact while I plan my trip. If I'm able to meet any of you while I'm over there, even better!

finallysomepride ... I was spitting out my drink laughing when I read your cheer for the All Blacks! I had to google it. You would NEVER find a sports team in America called the All Blacks! Haha! I would LOVE to see a rugby game, though!

• karter
    karter

A rugby game can be arranged. Karter

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<You would NEVER find a sports team in America called the All Blacks! >>

Now if you had said North America...

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit